'Easy to sail solo'
She's just been selected as 'Boat of the Year' by an Italian magazine, she's compact, affordable (well it's all relative) and easily sailed by a solo sailor. It's the Hanse 345.
Why did they choose her? Its statemet quoted the 'balance between speed and sailing', with a concentration on ease of sailing, so that whether you are just a beginner or a seasoned old salt you will get the same pleasure out of making her sail well. The other advantage - so important for short-handed cruising sailors is that it has cleverly thought-out controls for the halyards, sheets and reefing lines. The all come back to the cockpit.
Compact size - 34ft - .. .
Below, they found that the layout and materials were intelligent, comfortable and practical, with light airy living spaces beyond what you would expect in a 34ft boat.
Spacious for the size of the boat - .. .
They agreed that the Hanse Group and Judel/Vrolijk Design team must have been listening carefully to existing customers and created a yacht that harmonised with their wishes.
Here are the key features that make the Hanse 345 well worth looking at for a boat of its size:
* Amazingly for such a boat, there are twin wheels giving you great access and visibility at the helm
* Because cruising sailors hope to spend lots of time at anchor, the huge bathing platform is a great plus
* If you really want three cabins it's possible, unusual for a 34ft boat.
* The seating in the cockpit area has been maximised, larger than previous Hanse's
* New 'light strips' below, and no less than five hatches
* As said before, all lines lead back to be accessubke to each of the helms
* The self-tacking headsail makes short-handed sailing also much easier
* There are even optional electric winches
Hanse 345 interior angles - .. .
For more information about this boat, go to the Hanse website
by Nancy Knudsen
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
8:24 PM Thu 15 Nov 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Click for further information on
MORE STORIES ...
Related News Stories: