Sail-World.com : Phuket King's Cup Regatta - Weather forecast for 10th December
Phuket King's Cup Regatta - Weather forecast for 10th December
Phuket King's Cup Regatta - Commander’s Weather forecast for the 10th December from Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand.
Commander’s Weather Forecast Summary:
1) Much stronger E-NE to E, probably the stronger conditions over the past week or so
2) The stronger breeze is due to stronger high pressure (1033 + mb) building over central/eastern China
3) Look for wind speeds mainly in 10-15 kts this AM, but will be increasing into the teens to 20 kts later this AM into midday
a) think the stronger winds will be just offshore to the S and SE, which may have gusts to 20-24 kts
4) Latest satellite imagery shows scattered cloudiness over southern Thailand, but there are scattered areas of squalls well offshore to S and SW, and also into Gulf of Thailand
5) Don’t see much or any shower/squall activity around this AM, but do think the chances increase during the afternoon.
a) So watch out for showers and isolated squalls/t-storms popping up in the afternoon, which
b) Some activity may contain local gusts to 25 kts
6) wind should diminish some and trends right into E or a little E-SE, as any thermal tries to form, but will be diminish influence
a) Wind drops down to 10 kts or so by 1500-1600
Wind directions are Magnetic, wind speed in kts, and time is LT
Weather…Variable amounts of cloudiness mixed with some sunshine, chance for a few showers/t-storms popping up in the afternoon.
Highs around 32C (89-90F). Seas 1-2 ft
1) Max left, 040ish thru 0900
2) Max right 120 late in day in lighter winds
3) Watch out for wind on higher end of scale, possible gusting to 20-25 kts
4) But if more sunshine and little cloud development, then wind lighter in the PM
a) no expecting any S to SW thermal sea breeze, if any, it will be quite weak
Phuket King's Cup Regatta website
by Chris Wasserback
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
11:54 PM Fri 9 Dec 2011 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Click for further information on
MORE STORIES ...
Related News Stories:
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.