Phuket King's Cup Regatta - Commander’s Weather forecast for the 10th December from Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand.
Commander’s Weather Forecast Summary:
1) Much stronger E-NE to E, probably the stronger conditions over the past week or so
2) The stronger breeze is due to stronger high pressure (1033 + mb) building over central/eastern China
3) Look for wind speeds mainly in 10-15 kts this AM, but will be increasing into the teens to 20 kts later this AM into midday
a) think the stronger winds will be just offshore to the S and SE, which may have gusts to 20-24 kts
4) Latest satellite imagery shows scattered cloudiness over southern Thailand, but there are scattered areas of squalls well offshore to S and SW, and also into Gulf of Thailand
5) Don’t see much or any shower/squall activity around this AM, but do think the chances increase during the afternoon.
a) So watch out for showers and isolated squalls/t-storms popping up in the afternoon, which
b) Some activity may contain local gusts to 25 kts
6) wind should diminish some and trends right into E or a little E-SE, as any thermal tries to form, but will be diminish influence
a) Wind drops down to 10 kts or so by 1500-1600
Wind directions are Magnetic, wind speed in kts, and time is LT
Weather…Variable amounts of cloudiness mixed with some sunshine, chance for a few showers/t-storms popping up in the afternoon.
Highs around 32C (89-90F). Seas 1-2 ft
1) Max left, 040ish thru 0900
2) Max right 120 late in day in lighter winds
3) Watch out for wind on higher end of scale, possible gusting to 20-25 kts
4) But if more sunshine and little cloud development, then wind lighter in the PM
a) no expecting any S to SW thermal sea breeze, if any, it will be quite weak
Phuket King's Cup Regatta website