Manson introduces new Manson Boss Anchor at METS 2011
by Sail-World on 16 Nov 2011
2011 has seen New Zealand’s All Blacks win the Rugby World Cup. It has also seen the end of two years of research, design and rigorous testing for Manson Anchors which has culminated in yet another milestone. Today Manson proudly launches the most robust, technically advanced, and safest anchor to ever hit the world market.
The all black Manson Boss anchor Manson Anchors www.mansonanchors.com
Firstly, the anchor is made in New Zealand, in Manson’s purpose built facility. The anchor is packed with features and patented technology that means that like the All Blacks, its performance is sure to impress. In another world first, the anchor is available in black, so this truly is an All Black Anchor!
1. Shank features the brand new Patented Manson Shackle Preventor ™
• Simplicity was the key in designing this innovative new feature. The Shackle Preventor ™ means you have one slot that is quickly and safely changed from a fixed shank general slot usage into a sliding slot to assist retrieval in foul seabeds. The Preventor ™ saves changing the main shackle between the two slots (eg as on the Supreme). This means you simply remove the Preventor ™ for foul anchoring and place it back for all general day to day and storm anchoring.
• The Preventor ™ has worldwide Patents pending.
2. Shank Optimisation
• The Boss’s shank has been FEA optimised for strength. This means weight in the right places, and savings made in non essential areas. The weight savings are able to be transferred into the fluke, or powerhouse of the anchor ensuring even more holding power.
• The Boss’s shank is made from High Tensile (minimum 800mpa) Steel sourced from a Lloyd’s Register Approved Steel Mill in Japan. All Steel is Lloyd’s Register approved steel. There is no compromise in the quality of the backbone of the Manson Boss.
• The unique FEA designed hole in the shank for weight savings also doubles as a retrieval hole for attaching a second anchor to operate in tandem or buoyed retrieval line.
• Shank Clearance has been streamlined for access into tight pulpits on motorboats. This anchor is the most ‘fitting’ anchor to hit the market.
• The built in roller stop ensures that the anchor locks into bow rollers during stowage and remains locked in.
3. Roller Flaps/Trim Flaps
• Specifically designed to make the anchor roll and adopt the correct setting attitude immediately upon connection with the sea floor.
• These wingtips are crucial in raising the holding power by forcing the flukes downwards creating a minimum of 28% deeper setting than other new-generation anchors.
4. Double reinforced nose
• Not only twice the thickness but also geometrically designed to give the strongest structure, and also tip welded for higher MPA impact resistance.
• Like a wear edge on a digger bucket this reinforced area lasts twice as long as other anchor’s edges and is weld hardened for long life.
• Nose biased weight concentration enabled by double thickness laminate layer (DTLL) technology means the fastest set possible.
5. Unrivalled Holding Power
• Already established itself through 8 independent holding power tests as the world’s preeminent holding anchor, the Manson Supreme is respected for its superior holding and setting.
• The new Manson Boss boasts an average of 20-25% more holding power than the Supreme in most seabeds.
• This advanced holding power is achieved through deeper setting with the 'trim flaps' and an even greater fluke surface area.
6. Fluke vents
• Specifically designed to prevent mud/sand buildup the fluke vents allow silt to pass through on anchor retrieval.
7. New Zealand made
• As with all Manson Anchors the Manson Boss is made in New Zealand, at Manson’s purpose built facility by Lloyd’s Register approved welders and using approved mill steel. Full quality assessment is done on each and every anchor before shipping
8. Lloyd’s Register Approval
• This will be commenced in December and we plan to coincide with final certification with the hard launch into the marketplace of the anchor.
9. Patented anchor
• As with all Manson technology the anchor has had all its intellectual property secured, copyright protected and is full patent protected.
o NZ patent app 596319
o NZ design apps 415511, 415512 & 415513
o Foreign Rights Pending
o © Manson Anchors Limited 2011
10. Finishes available
• Robust Galvanised
• Mirror Polished Stainless Steel
• Galvanised and Powder Coated Black
With all the controversy recently about anchors and materials, Manson are proud to continue to make their anchors in New Zealand out of only the safest Lloyd’s Approved Mill steel.
Manson CEO Steve Mair says, 'An Anchor is first and foremost a safety item. When a customer puts their family’s life and their boats value in your hands, you treat that trust with the upmost responsibility. There are no shortcuts or cheaper alternatives when lives are at risk'. Mair continues, 'At Manson, we put principles before profits and would never compromise boater safety by making anchors out of substandard material or misleading customers about what our anchors are made from. We have conducted our business this way for 39 years and we shall always strive to make products with integrity, and products you can trust for the safety of both yourself and your family.'
For more information about the new Manson Boss and other Manson anchors, visit stand 02.222
at METS 2011, email firstname.lastname@example.org, www.mansonanchors.com or call +6421623316.
Manson Anchors - PO Box 104 035 - Lincoln North, Henderson - Auckland 0654 New Zealand