Audi TP52 World Championship - Wind halts action in Porto Cervo
by 52 Super Series on 12 Jun 2014
Around the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda today at the Audi TP52 World Championships, patience was a required virtue, but in the end it was not rewarded. The gentle winds proved just too light to get the nine boat fleet from seven different nations out to compete on the scheduled coastal race course. With a good forecast for the following three days, the second regatta of the Barclays 52 Super Series should still enjoy one more coastal race and two days of windward-leeward races.
2014 Audi TP52 World Championship Martinez Studio/52 Super Series
Standings remain unchanged since Tuesday’s one coastal race which was won by Quantum Racing.
Tom Burnham (USA) strategist and pit Quantum Racing (USA): 'The forecast looks really good for the next few days. Tomorrow we should see 12-15kts out of the west. I think Maria and the race committee should be able to run the classic coastal course that we have done a few times, out to Sparge and then back down inside again. So it looks good for that. And Friday and Saturday look really good, 20kts or more, for the two days of the windward-leeward races.'
Results: AUDI TP52 World Championship - Porto Cervo, Italy
Overall after one race
1. Quantum Racing, USA, (Doug De Vos USA) (1) 1pt
2. Azzurra, ITA, (Alberto Roemmers ARG) (2) 2pts
3. Rán Racing, SWE, (Niklas Zennström SWE) (3) 3pts
4. Phoenix, BRA, (Eduardo de Souza Ramos BRA) (4) 4pts
5. Gladiator, GBR, (Tony Langley GBR) (5) 5pts
6. Provezza 7, TUR, (Ergin Imre TUR) (6) 6pts
7. Hurakan, ITA, (Giuseppe Parodi ITA) (7) 7pts
8. Paprec, FRA, (Jean Luc Petithugenin FRA) (8) 8pts
9. B2, ITA, (Michele Galli ITA) (9) 52 Super Series
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/123197