'Mathew Belcher and Will Ryan at the 470 Worlds 2013'
Thom Touw ©
At the 470 World Champioship in La Rochelle, the Australian duo of Mat Belcher and Will Ryan have claimed gold, making it Belcher's fourth consecutive and first with new crew member Ryan. Claiming the silver medal are Pierre Leboucher and Nicolas Le Berre of France, with Greece’s Panagotis Mantis and Pavlos Kagialis securing the bronze medal, despite finishing last in the medal race. Congratulations to all.
470 Men – Final Results Overall
1. Mat Belcher and Will Ryan (AUS) – 44 pts
2. Pierre Leboucher and Nicolas Le Berre (FRA) – 51 pts
3. Panagiotis Mantis and Pavlos Kagialis (GRE) – 55 pts
4. Lucas Calabrese and Juan de la Fuente (ARG) – 59 pts
5. Luke Patience and Joe Glanfield (GBR) – 62pts
6. Stu Mcnay and Dave Hughes (USA) – 77 pts
7. Paul Snow-Hansen and Daniel Willcox (NZL) – 87 pts
8. Sofian Bouvet and Jeremie Mion (FRA) – 88 pts
In the 470 women's fleet, Jo Aleh and Polly Powrie (NZL) secured the Medal Race win to secure their first ever World Championship victory. Austria's Lara Vadlau and Jola Ogar secured the silver medal. Making history for the 470 Class and China are Xiaoli Wang and Xufeng Huang who seal the bronze medal after their sixth place finish in the medal race, the first ever 470 World Championship medal for China.
470 Women – Final Results Overall
1. Jo Aleh and Polly Powrie (NZL) – 31 pts
2. Lara Vadlau and Jola Ogar (AUT) – 51 pts
3. Xiaoli Wang and Xufeng Huang (CHN) – 58 pts
4. Camille Lecointre and Mathilde Geron (FRA) – 59 pts
5. Sophie Weguelin and Eilidh McIntyre (GBR) – 61 pts
6. Xiaomei Xu and Chunyan Yu (CHN) – 64 pts
7. Tina Mrak and Veronika Macarol (SLO) – 66 pts
8. Elise Rechichi and Sarah Cook (AUS) – 93 pts
Full report to follow ...
470 Worlds website
by International 470 Class Association
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
7:45 PM Sat 10 Aug 2013GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.