by Sail World
1. Disconnect all electronics, radios and remove the antennas if possible. Do not use satellite or mobile telephones
2. Double check that plugs are fastened in place beside all sea cocks. If the boat is struck, it is possible for the sea cocks to be blown out by the force of the charge. These should be checked immediately following a strike.
3. The entire crew should be below during a thunderstorm if possible, Certainly do no undertake any activity which connects you to the water, like fishing.
4. If you cannot be below, then stay low and as close to the middle of the boat as possible.
5. Keep away from all metal objects in the boat, especially the mast.