Dehumidifier Danger- Don't let this happen to you

Don’t let this happen to you...
.. .
Gocek
.. .
Britain's premier yachting magazine Yachting Monthly has drawn attention to the danger of dehumidifiers left unattended on yachts.

They cited recently a fire had destroyed an unattended Moody 54, which had been laid up for the winter in Göcek, one of the Turkey's most fashionable yachting and holiday resorts.


Nigel Dean, who runs a yacht management company in Göcek, was alerted to smoke coming from the dorade vents of a yacht in his boatyard.

'The dehumidifier, a compressor type, had been placed on the galley work surface,' he said. ‘It was turned on in the mornings and ran all day.'

The blaze was extinguished without damage to other yachts, but the Moody's insurers declared her a total loss.

For more detail on the story go to Yachting Monthly's http://www.yachtingmonthly.com/news/512811/dehumidifier-advice-after-fire-on-laid-up-yacht!webpage
http://www.sail-world.com/79155