Sail-World.com : Product of the Week: The mobile boat shelter
Product of the Week: The mobile boat shelter
'Portable garage shelter'
You have a trailer sailer, you want to preserve it by keeping it out of the weather, but you've nowhere to keep it. There are a million reasons why you may not be able to build a 'normal' boat shed - budget, terrain, maybe you don't even own the place where you live. Now there's a low-cost solution - the MOBILE boat shelter.
Fabric boat garages are the ideal value based storage solution for any kind of small boat. These fabric covered boat shelters are a fraction of the cost of a conventional wood or metal garage.
They can be anchored to any surface including gravel, concrete, grass, wood walls, and asphalt.
Boat garage frames are constructed of structural steel tubing with a galvanized or powder coated (painted) finish for corrosion resistance.
The majority of boat shelters have a 4'-5' rafter spacing depending on the model. Covers consist of heat welded polyethylene for 100% waterproof and UV resistant protection. The Heavy Duty Series line of garages have a 15 year manufacturer prorated cover warranty while the Value Series garage line carries a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
All boat shelters come complete with assembly instructions and can be assembled by consumers with little to no experience in boat garage construction.
Portable garage / storage shelter features:
- Instruction manual included with all storage shelters, sheds, garages, buildings, and carports
- Can be assembled by boat-owner with little to no building or construction experience
- Can be mounted to any surface including asphalt, concrete, gravel, grass, and rocky soil
- Polyethylene fabric cover is heat welded for 100% waterproof outdoor protection
- Ratchet tension system keeps the tarp cover tight to the frame
- Commercial grade structural steel tubing frame has a powder coated (painted) corrosion resistant finish
- Front and rear zippered door panels for instant access to storage contents
- No center poles for maximum storage utilization
- White interior lining for enhanced shelter illumination
- Pre-drilled foot plates for securing shed to mounting surface
- Corners struts and stabilizer blocks for superior rigidity
- All fabric garages, sheds, and temporary buildings are portable and can be relocated
- Available canvas colors are green and gray
- This 'freestanding' fabric structure includes auger anchors, however, additional anchors are recommended below
Shape...........................Gable (A - frame)
Door opening.................10' wide x 9'4' high
Door locations................Front and rear (double zipper)
Shelter weight................858 lbs
Frame pipe....................2 3/8' powder coated (painted) steel tubing
Rafter / pole spacing.......4'
Cover material weight......9 oz/m2
Available cover colors......green, gray
For more information about mobile boat shelters, go to the website?nid=92655. The good news is, according to the company's Doug Ruhenkamp, they will ship anywhere in the world!
by Des Ryan
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
1:39 AM Sun 8 Jan 2012 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
MORE STORIES ...
Related News Stories:
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.