Australia’s first Eco Boat Show will get underway at Bayview next weekend, Sunday 18th November, 2012 and will feature the Australian debut of the radical new ‘HydroPak’ Micro-Fuel Cell Generator.
The HydroPak is a revolutionary portable 'off-grid' power device that combines next generation Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) fuel cell technology with new 150Wh energy storage cartridges.
Horizon's HydroPak provides significantly more energy stored at a lower cost, reduced weight, and smaller size than today's existing battery-based portable emergency power devices.
Its recyclable dry fuel cartridge overcomes the logistics and supply infrastructure for hydrogen, since the HydroPak system is able to generate its own hydrogen when needed – just add water!
A unique feature is that no hydrogen is ever stored in the HydroPak nor its cartridges since the HydroPak produces hydrogen on request.
Hydropak micro fuel-cell generator - Eco Boat Show, Bayview - Dick Clarke
Complete with LCD interface, USB and 12-14V DC socket - the HydroPak is the ideal emergency power or sailing device, offering all-night lighting capability, communication and computer/electronics battery charging, with the following characteristics:
- Micro size: 215mm x 245mm x 102mm, 2.1kg
- Long shelf life / no self-discharge
- Can run indoors with no harmful emissions (zero CO or CO2)
- Quieter, lighter and smaller than generators
- More energy per cartridge than batteries
- Lower cost energy per cartridge than batteries
- Lowest cost hydrogen fuel cell portable system
As well as the HydroPak, other fuel cell and hydrogenerators will be on display, as well as electric drives and outboards, solar hybrid and pure solar powered boats:
- Greenline 33, the world’s first solar-hybrid luxury motor cruiser,
- Efoy hydrogen fuel cell generators for cruising and racing yachts,
- Torqueedo electric outboards,
- Bellmann electric inboard motors,
- Watt&Sea hydro generators for cruising and racing yachts,
- Solbianflex lightweight flexible solar panels,
- Mothership, a brand new solar powered luxury houseboat design,
- and ‘Moondog’ solar powered catamaran will be motoring around Bayview.
Open to all free of charge, at 1741 Pittwater Road, Bayview NSW.
Sunday 18 November 2012, 10am till 5pm.
Event details can be obtained by emailing Dick Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org, or mobile 0403 003 997.
Mothership solar hybrid luxury cruiseboat - Eco Boat Show, Bayview - Dick Clarke
Bellmann electric inboard - Eco Boat Show, Bayview - Dick Clarke
Torqueedo electric outbaord - Eco Boat Show, Bayview - Dick Clarke
Solbianflex lightweight flexible solar panel - Eco Boat Show, Bayview - Dick Clarke
by Dick Clarke
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
1:25 PM Sat 10 Nov 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.