FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best advice from a sailing coach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moppo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Moppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 12 at 11:38am
Personal favourite from 420 days: "Right, when you're crewing, you need to be a bit grrr, but a bit ninja at the same time..."
B14 694
laser193713 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 12 at 2:10pm
If your legs don't hurt you aren't hiking hard enough, if they do hurt you arent fit enough!
rogerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 12 at 2:21pm
Not a coach comment but sound advice when allowing me to sail my Mirror round to Cowes from Wootton Creek for the first time when I was about 10.

"If you get in trouble whatever you do stay with the boat. The RNLI can see a boat better than your head."

Of course that was in the days when it wasnt frowned upon to allow your kids to venture out alone without rescue cover. I am sure my parents checked the weather forecast before I was allowed to go but I dont remember any misgivings about the venture. It was all part of our Cowes Dinghy Week experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12