FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miracle restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Owenfackrell View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Owenfackrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miracle restoration
    Posted: 09 Aug 12 at 12:29pm
I packed my Miracle away in 2010 and proceded to strip the remains of the varnish and paint off. She then spent the whoel of 2011 in th egarage doing nothing as we had an extension built to the house. Well i have finnally finished the work ont he house so have gotten around to finishing the miracle off and she is now reay to take to the water once more.
Im quite pleased with the result of my first try at doing this.

Neal_g View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neal_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 12 at 1:04pm
we'll see you at the nationals then this weekend
(Redoubt Sc)
Miracle 4040
GP14 13407

Crewsaver phase 2 range now available to buy online on at http://www.gibsonsails.com
G.R.F. View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 12 at 2:56pm
Apart from wasting bandwidth with those hi res files, you've committed another crime against humanity wasting hours prolonging the existence of another relic, honestly I do despair...

Miracles, they belong with OK's, Solos, Streakers, Mirrors, GP14's and all that other 50's dross in some special place, out of public gaze, where not entirely sane folk might pay to go and watch how bad things were once upon a time. Some Centre for the Visually Retarded Dinghy Associates

And as for those who fit them with carbon bits and make special sails to make them go nearly as fast as half the speed of a modern boat yet still win because of a ludicrous handicap.. Well what can I say? Evil Smile
pondmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 12 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by G.R.F.

Olympics over.  Normal broadcasting service is resumed

FTFY
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owenfackrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 12 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by G.R.F.

Apart from wasting bandwidth with those hi res files, you've committed another crime against humanity wasting hours prolonging the existence of another relic, honestly I do despair...

Miracles, they belong with OK's, Solos, Streakers, Mirrors, GP14's and all that other 50's dross in some special place, out of public gaze, where not entirely sane folk might pay to go and watch how bad things were once upon a time. Some Centre for the Visually Retarded Dinghy Associates

And as for those who fit them with carbon bits and make special sails to make them go nearly as fast as half the speed of a modern boat yet still win because of a ludicrous handicap.. Well what can I say? Evil Smile

So you going to give the money to buy one of these fancy new boats your on about?
I have spent only 300 on the miracle oh and my other boat which is GRP is a Dart 18 whcih cost me the huge sum of 550 including the road trailer.
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owenfackrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 12 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Neal_g

we'll see you at the nationals then this weekend

Unfortunatly not as i have other things i have to do but im planning on doing a shake down sail in her to make sure every thing is back on properly.
rogerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 12 at 10:17pm
Thanks for the plug grumpf. Owen what he means is the Classic and Vintage Racing Dinghy Association. You will be made very welcome at any of the the cvrda events.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 12 at 2:13pm
Oddly, the Miracle (and the Streaker, for that matter) are boats from the 1970's, not the 1950's, and helped popularise construction methods that are still used in building lightweight racing boats today.

But wood can't be fast, can it?
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
upsidedown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote upsidedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 12 at 2:12pm
I remember a Miracle (don't recall the number) going very fast through a campsite near Bassenthwaite. Arrived in the evening and didn't have tome to rig but left the boat without tying it down. A huge gale blew up overnight and the hull cartwheeled over the field into a drystone wall. Being wood, it was repairable, not like these fragile GRP things you see littering dinghy pens nowadays.
 Post Reply Post Reply