FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who was out this weekend?.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 188>
Author
Status View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Status Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 09 at 9:01am
Iced off at my club as well.
Solo 2257 - The Joker
ratface View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote ratface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 7:10pm
bring this thread back up...

me,dave B and my crew can now say we have broken down on a motorway within 10mins of leaving the sailing club

wind wasnt so good today at datchet so came in early and made a list of what needed doing.
BLYM
Hertfordshire Sailing team
Uk-Cherub 2644
Laser 4000 -4089
HannahJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HannahJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 7:48pm
The wind so was good! two-up hiking, nice gentle breeze, sun, what more do you want!
MIRROR 64799 "Dolphin"
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 7:53pm
Good for us in a 200 .. Not so good for those two fatties in a 4k though ....

Meh, Good day!!
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
pete_chinnock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote pete_chinnock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 8:31pm

Not too bad for us either!

Us committed sailors...

Pete
RS700 702
ratface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ratface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 8:44pm
you try sheeting in while the mainsheet eats away at the side of a block! and helps if we had a 4k kite and not a wayfarer one! 
BLYM
Hertfordshire Sailing team
Uk-Cherub 2644
Laser 4000 -4089
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 8:46pm
Shouldn't have broken the kite then .. and should have rigged the mainsheet right!!

I had fun, seems all of us had fun .. except you!! You are so boring Mr Ratface!

Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by ratface

bring this thread back up...

me,dave B and my crew can now say we have broken down on a motorway within 10mins of leaving the sailing club

wind wasnt so good today at datchet so came in early and made a list of what needed doing.

So who's car bust on the 25 then? Can't be Mr Ratface as he has a green card!!
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 9:50pm
I got a phone call while I was wating my breakfast, "Can you hear that traffic ... We are on the M25 ... Ummm .. Car's broken ... "

I, being the kind soul I am, laughed, and said I would wave as I drove past them.

(un)Fortunately, another car was pressed into service, and we caught up with them just before the sailing club. Que phone call from dave.blakesley ... "Can you guys lead ... We don't know the way..."

I'm still not sure what they broke .. Driveshaft was mentioned, as was gearbox ... and then later something about it being one cable?
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 09 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Villan

Que phone call from dave.blakesley ... "Can you guys lead ... We don't know the way..."

Get off m25 at M4, head out towards Reading, get off at Datchet turn off, turn left (dont follow datchet signs, turn right into sailing club!! (Ok thats not it but you get the gist, A BP garage come into it somehow!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 188>