FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Europe v Byte CII

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stargazey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Stargazey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europe v Byte CII
    Posted: 16 May 10 at 12:09am
Can anyone give me a honest comparison of a Europe against the Byte CII ?  I have an old Europe - it is OK but the cost of anything that needs replacing is sky high.  Plus it is a bit of dead class in the UK.  On the other hand the Byte CII look nice and simple - but is it just a youth class?  I see only 14 or so turned up for the Nationals?  But is there more of a future with the Byte compared to the Europe?
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 10 at 5:33pm
if you want higher nationals turn outs you'd be better off going for a 'Streaker'.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 10 at 6:01pm

There was an excellent 3 boat test in the 1st monthly Y&Y, wasn't there? Byte, Europe, Streaker? Streaker does appear on the up, at the moment.

As is the Lightning (quick plug...) which fits a similar niche.

Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
zailor View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 10 at 8:21pm

I have both the europe and CII.

My europe is also,erm, in garage conditions undergoing work but the CII is a very fun boat especially in a blow.

Depending on your weight I would get a streaker if you are after a large fleet size.
I think about 60KG is ideal for the CII above that its the europe and its probably about 65-70 for the streaker??
Note the ? on streaker weight

Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 10 at 8:28pm
How much do you weight Stargazey?
Stargazey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stargazey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 7:42pm

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I am 65 kilos and, to be honest, have never heard of a Lightning and wasn't aware that Streakers were on the up nor have I ever seen one in the flesh!

Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 8:18pm
If you click on the classes button on the Y&Y tool bar, you can find out all you want about all the boats mentioned.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 1:48pm
At 65KGs you are at the top end for the Byte but this is probably your best option.
ex laser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ex laser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Jon Emmett

At 65KGs you are at the top end for the Byte but this is probably your best option.

the other to think about is, do you think you will be  puting on weight in the near future?

if you think you will, you would be better off with a streaker or a lightning.

Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Stargazey

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I am 65 kilos and, to be honest, have never heard of a Lightning and wasn't aware that Streakers were on the up nor have I ever seen one in the flesh!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>