FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is what you make of it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
marwen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote marwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Mark Jardine

Dear all

Forums have good times and bad. A couple months ago, this forum was going through a good time - constructive comment with really good interaction and advice. Right now it is going through a bad time with some forum threads that generally leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Like all the Y&Y team, the reason I work silly hours on this site is because I love sailing. My aim is to provide a place where you can all chat. At times I've been too heavy handed and apologised for that. At times I feel I've been too light handed, but when I get accused of joining China in banning free speech I guess you can see why I might try to leave the forum to find its own level.

Let's hope we can get things back on track. As this thread is titled, this forum is what you make of it - please let's all use it for this purpose and engage in lively debate. Don't get personal, and try to show the good side of our sport and of our own characters.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark, Amazing explanation, Respect your opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345