FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meanwhile back in sleepy hollow..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
G.R.F. View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meanwhile back in sleepy hollow..
    Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 9:26pm
They still haven't spotted what the world wants..

Paul Young

Test sail halo/blaze

Let's all say it together now..

Where's the spinnaker?
blaze720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blaze720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 9:35pm

GRF - U will just have to wait !!!  and we might still bin it if it does not hit the mark 100% - no compromises.  The best things in life are never free, or cheap  .... or exactly when you 'demand' them.  Patience !  We told you the order - nothing has changed.

Mike L.

PS - And no Cirrus boat will ever have that god awful gun turret thingme you were hyped up about last time we spoke .... 

G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 10:05pm
I might just have to fit that god awful gun turret thing and blow you out
of the water on say the round Sheppey race if you persist in your
luddism.

It depends, many a slip twix cup and lip, and I haven't got it yet.

I'm too old to be patient and I've now spent three summers waiting for
this boat or that.. It'll be next spring before the Rs100 arrives I could be
dead by then.

By this thursday I shall be on the water in some contraption or other and
then I shall set about fitting it with what I want..

I can't wait for the damn marine business to get its act together..

I hope your Halo works for you, but all I see is a split class.

Better to have launched a totally new product and enter the fray carving
up the D1 & RS100, market, if you'd done it when I originally asked, you'd
have had a bit of a market lead by now..

blaze720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blaze720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 12:17am

GRF

I don't think any of us need a messiah just yet.  Good luck to your endevours but there is only one thing worse than getting the boat out 'late' - it is getting it out before it really is the 'finished' item, or is just a concept demonstrator.  There are plenty of people looking at the market niches that might remain .. and who are suitably cautious.  These are difficult times or is your own market bucking the trend ?

'Market lead' ... if we had followed your line of thinking we have been fooling around with swivelling whatsits ... totally unneeded btw.  Now we need larger centreboards apparently  ... how do you work that one ?  we think not on that as  it happens as well.   

Just because something is possible or do-able does not make it sensible, desirable or a serious business proposition.   Just get out there and sail a few boats first.  Everyone loves enthusiasm and you obviously are a fanatic but get a bit of a grip and go sailing in as many types as you can first  - then give the forums a good prod.

Markets work .... if there were 100,000+ of you the market really would respond quickly, even the marine market.  But just consider it might be you and .. just a few others on the forum. 

Blaze720

.. or this could be just a wind-up to see what happens !

Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 7:47am
It sounds like there are a few more GRFs out there then you thought though blaze!  I could be wrong but i think LDC have sold just under 30 RS100's so far!  They haven't even started, marketing finished developing or decided on a sail/rig plan yet! 
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 8:33am
Oh come now, LDC are well into the marketing of the RS100- and playing a damn clever game of it as well.
-_
Al
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 8:49am

Ok i see your point, but 90% of the marketing has been generated by this Forum, which represents a iny prtion of the dinghy market!  The boat was at Bowmoor this weekend and there were very very few peopl that knew about it!  Even hardy RS circuit sailors! So either their marketing aint working well or they havnt really started yet!

tickler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tickler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 9:04am
Quite true at our club only two of us are aware of the RS 100, or the Y&Y forum or even RS!  Some people are interested in boats, some in sailing and a few in both.
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 10:52am
Originally posted by blaze720

Good luck to your endevours but there is only one thing worse than getting the boat out 'late' - it is getting it out before it really is the 'finished' item,  

What just like Topper did with the Blaze?

Norbert View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 11:02am
Originally posted by G.R.F.

They still haven't spotted what the world wants..

Paul Young

Test sail halo/blaze

Let's all say it together now..

Where's the spinnaker?

Sorry matey but i just don't get it, the whole world is not going to want to go down the single hander spinny route, there will still be people out there, ok maybe slightly older people, that will want just the mainsail only option.

As for the halo, or should that be 'New Blaze', why would you want to get that, esp at 7.5k, when for the same money, or less, you could get a top spec Phantom and big fleet racing.

Well it has width, practically 9ft of width, so it has immense power with those wings. But as it is practically a Howlett 14 why not do away with the wings altogether and drop trap wires and create a manageable trapezable singlehander.

Since the venearble Contender came to market 40 years ago the only alternative options have been extreme(ish) and challenging to sail viz RS600 / 700, Musto.

I would see a place in the market for a relatively high performance non kite trapeze singlehander that was easy to sail.

Losing the racks would save cost and substantial weight too.

Now that would be an exciting class development.

Edited by Norbert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>