FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pimp Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 64>
Author
Merlinboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 10 at 10:13pm

Here are the new toestraps (cheers Doug0 and But-plugs .  Not as happy with these as the ones on my last boat, but its hard to find a blue traction pad!!

NEW:

OLD:

Inland sea View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Inland sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Merlinboy

Originally posted by turnturtle

Originally posted by slop_idol

inspired fromt he graphics thread i found these guys

Hut__W0QQ_armrsZ1">http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/The-Deca l-
Hut__W0QQ_armrsZ1

you could wrap the foredeck in carbon wrap for that pimped
look

nice idea- get yourself a knackered 300, whack on a Vortex kite kit then
simply vinyl the foredeck with faux carbon.... wee hey, cheap alternative to
the RS100 and would probably go quicker in the right hands!

It would be unsailable i would think mate! 

Ohh cr@p you know how I love a challenge don't you guys ... all I need is a cheep 300 ... gulp ... excuses runnong out now ... so then who has a 12m kite and do you think the 100 fleet will object if I show up
RS300 426 18' SkiffTango Musto 051
B14 644
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 7:49am
Rich, looking at two of the founder members of the class (Jimbo and Grumpf) i would say........YES they will object, after all they are both like ladies of an advancing age.  Grumpf even has a blue rinse.
Steve411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Merlinboy

Here are the new toestraps (cheers Doug0 and But-plugs .  Not as happy with these as the ones on my last boat, but its hard to find a blue traction pad!!

NEW:

OLD:

Glad to see you've kept the butt plug to stop you falling out the back.

Steve B
RS300 411
D-Zero 11

RS300 page
D-Zero page
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 9:16am
Steve, i have got to find a way of pulling another face at a photo opportunity.  I am guessing i may have a surprised look (Definitely NOT a sex face) whilst hiking out the back with the butt plugs!
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 9:53pm

Right, seeing as the 600 is now finished and has had its first outing of the season, i thought i would get a couple of pics of the finished article.

I know a couple of pages back someone asked me about what non-standard pimps/bimbles i had done, so here is a list of everything i can remember.

• Refurbished and resprayed racks in gloss/satin black.
  • Revarnished mast (its nice and shiny now).
  • Lazy hooks on adjustable spliced trapeze adjusters.
  • Rope kicker cascade attached to aft ring on boom with adjustable strop - Marlow Excel V12 i think? - is longer and better than the pooey standard wire one.
  • Mainsheet jammer removed - Harken 57mm ratchet block on its own.
  • Harken 40mm ti-lite blocks on boom to take bigger rope.
  • 8mm Maffioli Swiftcord mainsheet with elastic spliced in the end for centered take-up system.
  • Continuous spliced cunningham across foredeck.
  • Continuous spliced kicker.
  • Gorilla Grip Mojo butt plug pads (cheers for the idea russ) for deck grip + some pro slip in a pretty pattern.
  • ALL ropes are Gottifredi Maffioli (except for kicker cascade) and follow a blue theme throughout the boat. Im not even joking, ive been unbelievably anal about this. I mean every rope is maff; the main, trapeze ropes, all rig controls, forestay adjuster, main halyard rudder downhall thingy - even the thin bits of string that tie the blocks to the boom is the special patterned evo race from LDC. And the tiny bits that hold the metal rings to the shroud plates for the foredeck cunny are the outer braid of the same rope.
  • I have way too much time on my hands so the bits of rope that are protecting my nice newly painted racks from the U bolts will be covered in the blue melange maff soon.

I think i have mentioned everything. Most of the stuff i have mentioned there was already done when i got the boat so i havent had much to do. But i have had a play around with new bits.

Now for some pictures. They arent that good but they give the general idea.

Here was the boat when it first came home

The bent and faded rack which needed seeing to...

This gay pink cleat was removed...

... and this is left now

The foam block is the heel block from the Gorilla pad which ripped off. I thought i would do something with it so i glued it on there. It does nothing but look good.

Here is the rest of the centre pad...

And the other 2 bits are on the side decks with the block bits pointing inwards. It gives a good point to push of from to get out to the rack on a broad reach,

or to stand agaist in marginal trapezing conditions.

Rope covered U bolts:

The nice shiny racks and my favourite new addition - the mascot

The boat inside the bar area on the lower deck of the club - in the warm so i can put the proslip on the painted racks (looking in from outside)

The cleaned up cockpit area:

Close up of the mainsheet takeup. It comes from the block out to a clip on my harness, then goes back to the plastic ring behind the block,

through another ring on the rudder post and then ties back to the first ring with elastic. It helps keep the majority of the rope in the boat when

going upwind so its not all dragging in the water, and it means if i drop it its always attached to me. 

And finally a pic of everything

Wow thats a long post  

Edited by s.a.l.t.y
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 10:22pm
Looking good fella, one thing you have missed off which is a pimping MUST and thats removing the Old RS stickers and replacing with something fresh, its 2010 not 1999.  Mine are coming off this week and replaced with my favourite WWW.RS300.ORG.UK in a special font and Silver vinyl Bling.
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 10:35pm
Thanks dude. Hmm im not too sure. I kinda like them like
that. Plus the mascot lady sits perfectly on them as they
are :)
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 9:23am

Have you got a picture of the adjustable kicker attachement strop?  I'm looking to put something together for mine an just not quite sure how i am going to do it.  I have seen it done with a cleat.

I like how you have done the mainsheet take up. Your skills must be better than mine though as i wouldn;t be connecting the mainsheet to myself as i'd be forever trying to get the damn thing off again.

Edited by Neptune
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 5:05pm
I havent got a picture at the moment but ill go to the boat
tomorrow and get one.

The strop is just a short lenght of white and blue D12 i
think it is, with an adjustable splice at each end which
creates 2 loops. These loops go round the boom and join the
block furthest aft on the kicker with a shackle which just
hooks through them. The picture will probably clear it up
if that doesnt really make sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 64>