FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pimp Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 64>
Author
Steve411 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Merlinboy

Right i need help with toe strap colours.  The question is do i go with the safe bet of Grey padding with black strap or blue padding with Black strap (to complement the blue hull)????????

I have today finally managed to remove all the grippy paint that was on the deck and she is now looking shiny!!  I am booking her in Monday to be refurbished (remove the knocks and knocks in the gel) I have now also tidied up the carbon tack tick bracket with blue anodised bolts as well as removing all the old tape and lacquered it with epoxy.

Rope ordering is commencing Monday!!!  Does anyone know if and how to splice proper swift cord (the one with no core)

F**k me, Russ. Have you ever thought about actually sailing the boat instead of beautifying it?

Steve B
RS300 411
D-Zero 11

RS300 page
D-Zero page
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 2:33pm

first of all you need to replace all those ronstan control line block with some harken tie lights...

oh and dont forget the bungee that holds the board in 

Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 2:38pm

Ha cheers Neptune, Tie lights are no good for control lines, i did Harken on the last 3, so i am happy to stick with the ronstans for now!

Steve, i have only been doin it as the lake is frozen solid still!  If its not defrosted by Friday i will trawl the old girl up to Draycote for a blast.  Having said that it needs some TLC in terms of new rope and shockcord before it all works properly again!

It looks better in the flesh JImbo, i took the photo on a crap day with my phone.  I have to say it is not as pretty as the one i had made for the last 300.

ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Merlinboy

Right i need help with toe strap colours.  The question is do i go with the safe bet of Grey padding with black strap or blue padding with Black strap (to complement the blue hull)????????

Me I like blue straps...

alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 3:01pm
Got to be black and blue. Got lovely ones on the B14 from Rain and Sun.
-_
Al
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 3:38pm
Jimbo, they are a nightmare to get hold of and although look great would be a nightmare fit on a 3, Doug is making me some with elastic tabs and bits this will hopefully stop the age old problem of missing the toe straps!  The ones on the boat at the moment are falling to bits!
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 8:55am

inspired fromt he graphics thread i found these guys

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/The-Decal-Hut__W0QQ_armrsZ1

you could wrap the foredeck in carbon wrap for that pimped look

alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 9:56am

I find "cosmetic carbon" so amusing. A few years back, my current employer made black glass fibre for a customer during a carbon drought- all our carbon was going to customers who needed it for structural purposes. The customer still wanted the "carbon" look, and wanted more than could be achieved with a rubbish vinyl wrap.

On which- the RS100 foredeck would look better if RS were using something other than plain weave fabric for the visible skin. More complex weaves are more suited to shapes such as that- was looking at all the defects on the show models!

-_
Al
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 10:41am
Originally posted by turnturtle

Originally posted by slop_idol

inspired fromt he graphics thread i found these guys

Hut__W0QQ_armrsZ1">http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/The-Deca l-
Hut__W0QQ_armrsZ1

you could wrap the foredeck in carbon wrap for that pimped
look

nice idea- get yourself a knackered 300, whack on a Vortex kite kit then
simply vinyl the foredeck with faux carbon.... wee hey, cheap alternative to
the RS100 and would probably go quicker in the right hands!

It would be unsailable i would think mate! 

olly_love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olly_love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 12:38pm

we spent all weekend sorting out the B14

a full progrip everything, including B14 logos in progrip,

a hull that is so fair and smooth that we haev no chance of standing on it in a cpasize

6 hours polishing work,

all the fitting staken off and redone,

i took all the rivets out of the racks and re did them all

new set of norths

we just need some more useless stuff, going to fit a stereo

we haev new ropes,

and our blonde bomshell rashies must be pimp

TWO FRANK-Hunter Impala

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 64>