FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pimp Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 64>
Author
Smight at BBSC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Smight at BBSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 10 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by s.a.l.t.y

Ive got the splashbury ring on already. George did a
great job of adding the new stuff to the boat before it
came to me. Im not sure if i like it though, cos if you
let it off from further back on the rack, you cant get it
to lock back in the cleat unless you move forward so i
might aswell move forward and uncleat and recleat at the
same time. I only weigh 10 stone so its not like im gonna
bury the bow that easily.
?

Yea i found that too to start with but if you flick the line forwards and up then it's pretty good at staying in the cleat.
RS600 988
RS600653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RS600653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 9:04am
Originally posted by s.a.l.t.y

This thread seems to have been dead for ages so i thought i would start it going again.

I brought the 600 home a couple of weeks ago and stuck it in the garage for the winter clean-up. The racks have been removed and ive been gradually working away at it to get it to how i want it to look.

I had a nasty surprise when i removed the port rack. It had clearly taken a massive knock at some point in its life and so needed some repairing work done to straighten it.

Ok, most of the stuff ive done is probably bimbling. But it freshens up the boat and makes it look nice. Plus it is expensive and unneccessary. But isnt that the point of all this?

I went to the London Boat Show yesterday in search of some bargains i wasnt disappointed.

I got some 8mm Swiftcord and some 3mm Evolution race from a Maffioli Bargain bin at a stand called Outdoor Xscape. They had loads of various length and width offcuts of swiftcord, evo race and the SK75 stuff. And it was all rock bottom prices. I got 7m of 8mm Swift for a tenner! BARGAIN.

So thats my new mainsheet sorted!

And at the Harken stand they were selling winter gloves for a tenner aswell.

This will complete the Gucci winter fit-out of the 600. 

This includes: ALL maffioli ropes (even on the U bolts)

Resprayed wings in gloss black. They are being done in my mates Dads car body workshop soon for a professional job. The maff covers on the U bolts is to protect the new paintjob they are getting.

I'll get some pictures of these when i get them back.

New progrip and gorilla pad.

I also came to my senses and decided that i didnt need that gay pink mainsheet cleat. So off it came.

Ill take some better pictures when its all finished and the boat is back together.

Any chance you could post those pictures again as they don't seemed to have worked?  Just in the process of doing my 600 up and would be interested to see what you've done as I'm new to the class.

Cheers,

Andy

Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 1:04pm
They worked for me, Andy! Conversations in the past on here have revolved around what you are looking at it all on (Firefox, IE etc), as to whether photos can sometimes not be seen. However, as you know, my background knowledge of computers is zero, so I could be talking crap...
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
RS600653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RS600653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 1:19pm
Ah ok, better look on my pc at home then instead of taking a cheeky look at work!
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 4:19pm

RS600653 - The pictures can be found on my flickr account here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45905070@N03/sets/7215762314588 9950/

This isnt everything that ive done. Once the boat is all back together and rigged ill get some pictures of everything that is non standard for you if your looking for ideas.

Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 4:49pm

I will get a picture of my mainsheet take up elastic next time i am down at my boat - probably not be for a week though.

Salty - Are you taking your 600 to Grafham for the winters next month?  You can show off all your hard work there!

s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 4:50pm

Right my ebay purchase came today. It looked good in the advert but i was a little disappointed with the quality when i opened the box. Its lucky it didnt cost a huge amount.

Here it is, a carbon compass bracket thing with analog(right word?) compass.

It looks alright from a distance but when you see it close up you can tell it hasnt been made with the most care in the world.

Yes they are dry carbon fibres barely attatched underneath!

I reckon with a bit of resin and maybe a small sheet of nice carbon cloth i can make it look a bit better.

The thing is, do i want to use it as its aimed purpose - a compass bracket, or do I turn it into something else, something a bit more PIMP?

THROW ME SOME IDEAS GUYS!

Edited by s.a.l.t.y
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Neptune

I will get a picture of my mainsheet take up elastic next time i am down at my boat - probably not be for a week though.

Salty - Are you taking your 600 to Grafham for the winters next month?  You can show off all your hard work there!

YES I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE!!

I wanna do as many events as i can this year.

I think ill be bringing some plastic rings and a lot of elastic with me, I may have to borrow your mainsheet idea.

Edited by s.a.l.t.y
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 5:23pm

Where are you going to mount that as a compass bracket? 

Take the compass out you have a pimp bottle/ cup holder!

s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 10:41pm

Well i was thinking of putting it infront of the daggerboard, under the kicker cascade but stuck on with that heavy duty industrial velcro stuff cos im not prepared to be drilling holes in the hull.

The thing is its a tad on the large side  

But yes a pimp bottle/mug/cup holder seems like a good idea. Seeing as its quite big maybe it could be a mount for my waterproof ipod dock aswell.

Maybe something like this:

What else could i do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 64>