FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 1313>
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Chris Noble

it looks like the rig originally snapped to the other side of the hull, and the wind has cuaght it and blown it over the top of the hull and now the rig is filled, the lack of other shrouds suggested that a wire snapping was the culprit for the mast snappage, looks like its brokien in two places aswell

Dunno, I wouldn't expect a Tasar mast to break if a shroud went - its just sitting in a pin on the deck. I was womndering if it could have jumped the pin and the bit sticking up is the end of the boom.
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 7:45pm
it is a tasar. go to www.fotoboat.com, clubs, whimbleball, exmoor beastie then crashing and burning, there is a sequence on there
Needs to sail more...
Prince Buster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 7:58pm
Well they seemed to think it was rather funny!!!!!

international moth - "what what?"
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 8:44pm
  yer maybe they have more money than sense.  wasnt that pic in y&y or dinghy mag the other month?
International 14 1503
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 9:25pm
With that much weight in a Taser no wonder the mast came down!
Matt Jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by lozza

thats a tasar sail isn't it?

But the hull looks more RS style???

I've thought that before, but then I've got a soft spot for Tasars. The most comfortable boat I ever hiked from and along with the RS400 the only one I'd consider hiking from again.

RS400 1289, Laser 203001
Blobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 5:14am

Originally posted by JimC

Originally posted by Chris Noble

it looks like the rig originally snapped to the other side of the hull, and the wind has cuaght it and blown it over the top of the hull and now the rig is filled, the lack of other shrouds suggested that a wire snapping was the culprit for the mast snappage, looks like its brokien in two places aswell

Dunno, I wouldn't expect a Tasar mast to break if a shroud went - its just sitting in a pin on the deck. I was womndering if it could have jumped the pin and the bit sticking up is the end of the boom.

Wouldn't even need to snap a shroud - just let them off too much or even just the pin on the deck failing...

Tornado_ALIVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tornado_ALIVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 06 at 1:02pm

Hydrofoil 18 Skiff

Strawberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Strawberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 06 at 1:04pm
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Any more info? How fast was it? Was it stable?
Cherub 2649 "Dangerous Strawberry
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 06 at 5:29pm
wow   tahst looks so cool.  yer more info would be great.  i imagine it would be more stable than a T foiler though.
International 14 1503
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 1313>