FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Roman Abramovich mega yacht - Ecstasea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Prince Buster View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 06 at 4:15pm
...............or just appreciate sublime engineering as a thing of beauty.
international moth - "what what?"
foaminatthedeck View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote foaminatthedeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 06 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by Prince Buster

...............or just appreciate sublime engineering as a thing of beauty.

Can you tell good engineering by looking at a picture?

Concord is used as a example of engineering miss-management, the helecopter can be shot at, hit and still fly.

The wally boats hull may be poorly made from the wrong material and have engines that overheat.

Please don't confuse good engineering with beautiful style. (my computer keyboard looks nice but the keys don't always work) 

Lark 2170
Prince Buster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 06 at 6:28pm
if you read up about the wally118 power you will see for yourself that the construction. the engineering and everything about that boat is top notch and, even though it may not be a completely fair observation, the Top Gear team did a special episode on it a few years ago (in the days before it became silly) and it was very informative of the boat and put emphasis on the fine engineering and lean, mean machine looks with no compromise.
international moth - "what what?"
tack'ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tack'ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 06 at 7:34pm

Box Tunnel in the setting sun

That my friend is sublime engineering!!

I might be sailing it, but it's still sh**e!
Iain C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iain C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 06 at 11:37pm

Back on thread chaps, like my new toy?  I had a bit of carbon left over so I threw this together...my kind of superyacht!!

I wish...I spotted this beauty in Ibiza this year.  One day...

RS700 GBR922 "Wirespeed"
Fireball GBR14474 "Eleven Parsecs"
Enterprise GBR21970
Bavaria 32 GBR4755L "Adastra"
tack'ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tack'ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 06 at 9:14am

A. Does it come in Blue?

B. Back on thread? You spoil all the fun

I might be sailing it, but it's still sh**e!
foaminatthedeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote foaminatthedeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 06 at 10:03am

Originally posted by Prince Buster

if you read up about the wally118 power you will see for yourself that the construction. the engineering and everything about that boat is top notch and, even though it may not be a completely fair observation, the Top Gear team did a special episode on it a few years ago (in the days before it became silly) and it was very informative of the boat and put emphasis on the fine engineering and lean, mean machine looks with no compromise.

I wasn't saying that the wally is badly built just that by looking at pictures you can't tell if the object is well engineered.

Lark 2170
MRJP BUZZ 585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MRJP BUZZ 585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 06 at 10:32am
Originally posted by tack'ho

Box Tunnel in the setting sun

That my friend is sublime engineering!!

My lil brother has been doing a huge project on that bloke, so has just been telling me in great detail all about it

also i live pretty close

Edited by MRJP BUZZ 585
Josh Preater

BUZZING IS FUN

Strawberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Strawberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 06 at 11:41am

Iain, didn't realise you were a hardcore Ibiza raver! I'll have to remember to bring my UV jacket and glow sticks for next years Draycote event.

Cherub 2649 "Dangerous Strawberry
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 06 at 9:30am
I've not done the maths, but I think it is quite likely that with the money you'd get from selling one of those superyachts, you could buy every dinghy in every dinghy park in Britain. Then just think what fun you could have, sailing all the ones you liked, and burning the rest! And none of the opinions stated on this site as to which to burn would matter at all! All those Cherubs going up in flames, and all the foiler moths and 14's, while Skipper 14s, Laser Funboats and Magnos get pride of place on the slipway! Well, you'd have to have bad taste to own a superyacht like that in the 1st place...
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>