FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser with a carbon mast??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 8:32am
Originally posted by 423zero

No, number is slower year on year.

And it's nothing to do with the PYAG all being Laser sailors, not that we'd know if they were.

Edited by iGRF - 19 Apr 22 at 8:33am
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 8:56am
From what I've seen the collars on the composite top sections (my understanding is that they also weigh the same as the old ones) are so tight a fit I've seen missed starts from them not sliding in to the bottom sections then tugs of war to get them apart again. 

Perhaps that's why the PY number has increased?
Demelza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Demelza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:03am
Its very confusing and not helped by the same old crew that feel they must comment on every post.  

I'm sure this forum would be more widely used if this group restricted their posts so the rest of us can read other opinions and comments that also might  be more informative. 
Father Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Father Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:15am
With regard to the PY, how many of the club racers who's races make up the bulk of the return actually have the new section yet? Based on our club I've only seen one on the Lasers we have. Caveat - our club may very well not be representative! Also of course, no class PY numbers have changed for the last two years due to lack of data caused by some other stuff that's been going on!   
423zero View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:16am
Demelza, Just on Lasers or anything?

Edited by 423zero - 19 Apr 22 at 9:17am
Robert
boatshed View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote boatshed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:17am

No, number is slower year on year.

Oh. Must be the only class that adopted a carbon mast and went slower. Never mind, it was just my surprise at seeing carbon sticks on a Laser. Iíve not really sailed for two years, which explains a lot
Steve
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:31am
Assuming the better sailors are racing at clubs that have fleet racing for L@sers their results won't show up in the returns. Add to that that it's likely to be, mostly, said better sailors who have adopted the carbon top section then that is unlikely to have much, if any, affect on the PN.

That doesn't explain why the PN has gone up though...
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
The Q View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:31am

You are behind the times new legal Lasers are now called ILCA, Lasers still ILCA legal, but, Lasers made by laser are not legal. Edited to add Lasers built by laser after a certain number are not legal.
 I'd like to put a Torch to that...
Still sailing in circles
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Demelza

Its very confusing and not helped by the same old crew that feel they must comment on every post.  

I'm sure this forum would be more widely used if this group restricted their posts so the rest of us can read other opinions and comments that also might  be more informative. 

I now feel obliged to comment ... no doubt GRF will have to comment on Laser/ILCA PY banditry 
Happily living in the past
423zero View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 10:16am
It's not bad really I think it was his second or third post, he gave detailed instructions on how to cheat, his eleventh post and he is fed up.
Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>