FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you buy second hand boats?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Grumpycat View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 21 at 7:42pm
As I said the statementí largest doubledhanded class in the world Ď is false but then so are the claims that the class is dead and modern ( the last 20 years ) glass boats fall apart . 
Of course the class is nowhere near what was, ( as are a lot of classes ) but itís not dead either . It still has a niche that no other more modern boat fills . A two sail boat used on smaller inland water.
To get back to the op . Would I suggest a ent for the sea or open water , no but it the opís sister was thinking of sailing at a small inland water racing py, it has to be worth a shout. Much more fun than sailing a 2000 ( big heavy thing) or a RS200 where by the time you have the spinnaker up itís time to take it down again .

Nice to see Mr P has changed his post to sound a little more rounded  Smile

Edited by Grumpycat - 28 Dec 21 at 7:51pm
tink View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 21 at 8:15pm
2019 PY sorted by number of returns. The Ent certainly isnít dead as a club racing boat. I think anyones view can be distorted by what people sail where you sail, I didnít see an OK or Solo for 40 years, two most active fleets at my club. 

Edited by tink - 28 Dec 21 at 8:17pm
Tink
https://tinkboats.com

http://proasail.blogspot.com
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 21 at 8:33pm
Why are we, well not we, y'all even talking about sailing junk when the person in particular is an ex Olympic medalist in a 29er?
Don't think I've even seen an Enterprise I guess it's a bit like a GP14, another dinosaur that refuses to become a full fossil, the joys of lipstick.
Fuxsake, what choice for the woman, dinosaurs or weight trainers.
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 21 at 10:02pm
It depends on what the OP plans, which is to introduce her non-sailor husband and three small children to the joys of dinghy sailing, a 29er, great boat that it is for the right sailors, is not the boat for that.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 21 at 11:50pm
A Enterprise is nothing like a Gp14 to sail. 

Edited by Grumpycat - 29 Dec 21 at 1:59pm
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 21 at 3:59am
What an ill tempered thread! Chill people.

I suspect buying a boat is cart before horse stuff. 3 kids under 5 and an hour's drive to a sailing club? Don't reckon that's viable. So FWIW I submit the first thing to do is work out where she's going to sail. Any club worth bothering with is going to have club boats, which may be unexciting rotomoulds, but quite good enough to work out if this is something the family wants to do. If after a warm summer in club boats everyone is still keen, only then, I suggest, will it be time to worry about selecting a class.
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 21 at 7:55am
Spot on 
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 21 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Grumpycat

Nice to see Mr P has changed his post to sound a little more rounded  Smile

I get wound up by bad advice or untrue advice, particularly when its on something important that could lose someone to the sport if it goes wrong. This thread is the second time in the last few weeks this has happened and this will be my last post on the matter as I think the OP has his answer.

But whilst I do think the right Ent is actually quite suited to the role (Subject to an active racing scene not being relevant), I stand by my advice.

For me the Ent is a better bet in this role than the laser 2k - but not for many of the reasons stated!

Edited by Paramedic - 29 Dec 21 at 8:48am
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 21 at 2:07pm
Nice to see the Enterprise doing well at the Burghfield Breezer  Smile
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 21 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Grumpycat

A Enterprise is nothing like a Gp14 to sail.†

Well it was a guess and tbh I'm not bothered either way, the GP14 has only recently come to my attention because a local sailsmithy has caught some dreadful regressionary sickness and started bothering them. I pointed to the logo and said how apt having a bell on the end of the sail was, he can complement it with a bellend on the helm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>