FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tales from aFarr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Do Different View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 18 at 7:55pm
Sounds brilliant, I thought that boat had lightweight elderly windsurfer written all over it.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 18 at 9:03pm
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 18 at 2:44pm
iGRF, have you seen this pic? ;-)

iGRF View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 18 at 11:01am
Just to keep this up to speed some recent adventures well misadventures would be more appropriate in what is turning out to be the most unlucky boat I think I've ever bought.

So thursday night cracking start Port end on starboard out to sea into the tide and a tad more wind, got on the wire in about 8 -10 knots beaten to the 1st mark only by a Contender which I'd expect really but hoped to wind in down the long reach out to sea. - No chance.. wind dropped and another slow but certain overhaul by the two lead lasers. Then up one of the other marginal wiring beats the bloody slack mainsheet doubled then tripled itself into the block forcing me to stop and unthread it all - nightmare.

Sunday dawns properly windy, screwed up the first beat but started winding boats back in on a really broad fast but not fully wiring reach, the second reach would be tighter and fully wiring with waves to surf down the joy would be boundless.. Boundless right up until the point where the mast just fell down - joy indeed. Some dodgy shackle must have given way come undone - whatever - best race of the year I'm rescued..
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 18 at 12:14pm
Bad luck, was hoping you would record your first win
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 18 at 7:34pm
Talk about user error...
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 18 at 8:24pm
Perhaps invest in one of those 'Ballcock' wotsits
iGRF View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 18 at 8:41pm
I've put a proper shackle on it now, not the cheap sh*t Miracle/Streaker crap the builders obviously are used to using.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 18 at 8:46pm
for a new boat you have had to do a lot of fettling, almost from the getgo, I would be disappointed in same position.
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 6:01am
Fettling or personalising ? iGRF is certainly an individual and one who currently seems to be enjoying sailing more than fretting about rating numbers, for that I give respect and hopes of satisfaction.  Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>