FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery for Tacktick Micro Compass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
PeterG View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 21 at 8:04pm
That's the one. Same spec as original, but twin +ve pins instead of 1. I folded the spare one back and it works fine.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
Jeremy P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeremy P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 22 at 11:53am
My Tacktick micro compass is also no longer holding a charge and reading this thread has anyone got a spare battery they don't need please?
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 22 at 2:04pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 22 at 8:56pm
These, from RS, (Radiospares not the boatbuilders) look pretty much the same as the ones I fitted last year. You have to bend one of the twin pins back out of the way. They claim loads of stock 

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/button-batteries/1882133?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_UK_EN_Batteries_%26_Chargers_Whoop-_-Button+Batteries_Whoop-_-1882133&matchtype=&pla-309527783199&gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0wOz94D0XTfIWhB_XsBTCJUTZ2Qi7NvSs1B41XYCqHUkclJmjin3LQaAi5-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 22 at 9:40pm
I don't think they are rechargeable, the Tacktick needs a Li-Ion rechargeable ML cell.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
mole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 22 at 1:33pm
agree

Edited by mole - 11 Jan 22 at 1:36pm
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 22 at 6:02pm
Quite right Sam. I thought I'd responded days ago, but it seems not to have happened.

My mistake, I scanned the page too quickly.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
Jeremy P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeremy P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 22 at 1:26pm
Seems as soon as you create an account with AliExpress they are either out of stock or maybe won't ship to UK  Confused 
2547 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 22 at 4:15pm
If anyone ever works out which battery is actually needed and where to buy them I'd be up for a group purchase.
eric_c View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote eric_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 22 at 8:50pm
I don't have access to the internals of my TackTick any more, since it's gone AWOL somewhere in the English Channel.
But, as far as I can tell from what other people are saying, you're looking for a nominal 3V Lithium-Manganese Dioxide cell.
There are some of these on ebay UK e.g.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192542818586?epid=1905713369&hash=item2cd472411a:g:zHQAAOSw~zdgYX~2
but these are smaller cells, lower capacity. Which may matter if you want your tacktick to have the claimed 180 hours of battery life in the dark. For those of us who sail dinghies in daylight, we probably only need a small battery capacity for when we are in the shade?

AIUI, Lithium Manganese is kind of old tech, let's face it, the TackTick was designed about the time of the Alto? But these cells are still in use in things like BMW car keys.

Personally I am mildly grumpy about the tacktick not having a proper safety leash kind of thing and for personal reasons I loath the concept of giving actual money to Raymarine, so, I am looking at an Arduino homemade replacement. Processor 5, Compass IC 6, couple of LCD's 8, small solar cell, 3D printed case and a tube of gorilla snot, parts bill of 40 tops? OTOH my former employers could flog that kind of thing to the MOD for about the price of a Merlin Rocket.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>