253 [28.30%]
105 [11.74%]
186 [20.81%]
83 [9.28%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Sunshine View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 04 at 2:04pm
Noah, did you use to race arks? Just interested as I used to race log
canoes...
DAVID W33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DAVID W33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 04 at 8:24am
If you are looking for old(er) boats that are competitive, look at a wayfarer. Mine was built in 1958, has never been redecked, still with max correctors + min wieght and still a competitive racing boat. Unlike some of the here today gone tomorrow classes (MXray anyone?) boats such as this still have a good use and a great secondhand value 
David
W33
redback View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 04 at 9:26pm
You have to admit that the Wayfarer has stood the test of time.  You know why, as a cruising boat it handles nicely, hat's off to Ian Proctor.  My current boat was designed by Phil Morrison.
Gerard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gerard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 05 at 4:58pm
The Squib is an ideal boat for saying old is good for getting a top position. It is well known in the class that the first 140 boats are quick at national champs or is it the quick sailors have those boats? We are a keel boat class that can say we have had more than 10% of our 800 plus boats out at a championship. This year it is at Howth YC Eire where we got 100 last time. Drool Flying Fifteens!

Edited by Gerard
hydrographer20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hydrographer20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 2:58pm
this questin is a strange question as t is refering to te boat as a whole.   my sailis are brand ne and my boat is about 6 yesra old??  perhaps the better question would be how old is you boat hull?
byte me!- GBR 814
Chris Noble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris Noble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 05 at 6:58pm
well the question really reffers to that anyway
Competitive Boat Insurance From Noble Marine

FOR SALE:

I14 2 Masts 2 poles 3 Booms, Foils Kites/Mains/Jibs too many to list.
sailor.jon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 05 at 7:02pm
so as not to abuse the forum, my boat was built on the 18th of feb 2005 kept in the factory until friday 11th march and then was delivered to me on that day,
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 05 at 7:31pm
Mines about to have it's 1st birthday!
sailor.jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 05 at 7:33pm
Happy b-day to Harrys topper, does the boat have a name?
Windsor-Vandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Windsor-Vandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 05 at 1:44pm
My parents are looking for a boat for me for my graduation. My grandfather has a Princess boat and I do not know which one I want.
It's not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>