FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Today I believe I sailed my boat to its handicap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
scotsfinn View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote scotsfinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today I believe I sailed my boat to its handicap
    Posted: 09 Oct 14 at 1:11pm
My boat always sails to its handicap, unfortunately I sometimes don't  Wink
Largs Sailing Club. D-One GBR 57

www.blueseaconsultingllp.com
www.jameswattdockmarina.co.uk/boat-sales/
kneewrecker View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 4:27pm
sounds like a D-Zero that ;-)
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 12:44pm
In view of all we were saying on the OK thread, the 300 does look like a nice boat.  

If only it weren't so tippy.  A tad more waterline beam would help, but would make it slower.  I wonder if a small footwell would help - as I recall, standing up was critical to the early stages of familiarisation, and getting down off that double-floor would settle things down somewhat.  I'd take the hassle of a little bailer in exchange.

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:55am
personally I found dakine stomp studs were good for traction....  I cleared out a warehouse of them when some dude had a fire sale running.

Edited by kneewrecker - 07 Oct 14 at 10:56am
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:42am
There are pills you can take for impotency, but even hetracil isn't going to help me sail a 300.

Step ladders maybe..

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:40am
Originally posted by iGRF

Originally posted by kneewrecker

As I said, it would take a few weeks to climb up the side...  but I appreciate it's not for the impotent.  

ftfy

ftfy x 2
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:36am

As I said, it would take a few weeks to climb up the side...  but I appreciate it's not for the impatient.  

ftfy

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:24am
As I said, it would take a few weeks to get over the 'Wtf is this all about' feeling...  but I appreciate it's not for the impatient.  
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:16am

You should try an RS300 Graeme-

I have thanks, I established base camp before the assault on the North face of the starboard gunwale , it is without doubt the singularly worse contrivance known to sailing mankind, the designer should be shot, anyone who sails one committed, or at the very least we should stage a class 'intervention' put them away somewhere, kind of isolated, consider them a form of sailing ebola.

No - don't speak I'm not listening <handsover ears> nah nah nah nah go away mental person!

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 14 at 10:08am
You should try an RS300 Graeme- it would take a few weeks to get over the 'wtf is this all about' and it would engage windsurfing brain more than dinghy brain at times- think planing exits from carve gybes.  I only sailed mine inland, but the guys who took them up to Prestwick and across to Filey swore blind they were amazing in waves too.  

Plus you could switch down to the A-Rig when it's windy (okay class rules would strictly speaking prevent that, but sod that...)

Definitely a boat that is not crossed off my list.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>