FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bathroom hooks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
headfry View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bathroom hooks!
    Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 9:17am
On the lighter side....

How do you dry out your sailing kit?

I have 3 hooks above my bath and 2 infront of my stove...... here my wet suit dries over night....nice!

What are your prefered methods  

I have a problem drying out my boots though, any ideas please.
Black no sugar View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 9:32am

We've got a big bucket/bin full of water and disinfectant to dunk all the sailing gear in. Everything goes on the washing line next and......... stays there sometimes, until the next sailing day! In the summer, we sail twice a week, so there's never any room on the washing line  (4 wetsuits, 4 rashvests, 4 swimsuits, 4 buoyancy aids, plus splashtops, gloves, kneepads, harness, boots, etc.)

If it's raining, everything goes in the greenhouse. In the winter, the final drying is in the house, over the banisters. Whooaah, very decorative!

Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 9:44am

Wet suite goes in the washing machine when I get home (with nappysan) to remove the stink (well some of it)  and then on the washing line.

Harness and lifejacket gets a blast with the hosepipe now and then and then onto the washing line.

I have a block and tackle systrem rigged up in my garage to hoist all my kit into the roof out the way to dry during the week.

Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
headfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 9:49am
Hi Bn'S

Guessed I was  not alone in this!  My house is full of 'sailing stuff'.It's  kinda nice though, unless we have guests, then it's a mad rush trying to find homes for all the gear!

I forgot the greenhouse... yes that has hooks for kit too   Stuck in the ground, we have short canes with cane caps on them, handy for inverting boots on and with luck, 2 sunny days- almost dry!  ( Strange this....I can cope with a wet-  wet suit, but wet boots...   yuck! I don't like at all.)

What disinfectant do you use please?
Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 10:37am

Originally posted by headfry

What disinfectant do you use please?

Hi Headfry,

I use Savlon or Sainsbury's own brand of laundry disinfectant (the blue stuff that smells nice). I've tried the value versions from Sainsbury's and Tesco, because half a garden bin full of water takes a lot of disinfectant, but it gave me a rash ! Dead
Other people use Milton tablets.

Every now and then, the wetsuits and the boots go in the washing machine, with Oxy-Clean.

And I do sympathise: whatever we try to do, the boots are still smelly!!

headfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 11:07am
My first ever  post on this forum was about smelly boots and I had some really good advice...... still used to this day!

For boots....use a couple of pumps of anti-bac hand wash!  leave a while, then, to avoid foaming feet, rinse many times! It kills the for a while!
katg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 11:31am

Thing my mum gets a bit annoyed at home coz 3 years ago we had never sailed now we make her take us out to the water 3 or 4 times a week between us and have compleatly redecorated the house with wet sailing kit. Weve found that the little hooks she hangs her valuble plate collection on holds up the kit nicely the only thing is there little water type marks on the wall where our stuff constantly dips on. woops But she dosn't mind she loves us too much!!!

Topaz Race Plus 860
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 11:41am
Gentle washng machine cycle and tumble dryer with a big towel for our stuff.
Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 12:43pm

Originally posted by Pierre

Your wet suit too

Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 05 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Scooby_simon

Originally posted by Pierre

Your wet suit too

Yup.  It's not essential to cook it.  Tumble dryers are quite clever these days.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>