'Easy to sail solo'
She's just been selected as 'Boat of the Year' by an Italian magazine, she's compact, affordable (well it's all relative) and easily sailed by a solo sailor. It's the Hanse 345.
Why did they choose her? Its statemet quoted the 'balance between speed and sailing', with a concentration on ease of sailing, so that whether you are just a beginner or a seasoned old salt you will get the same pleasure out of making her sail well. The other advantage - so important for short-handed cruising sailors is that it has cleverly thought-out controls for the halyards, sheets and reefing lines. The all come back to the cockpit.
Compact size - 34ft - .. .
Below, they found that the layout and materials were intelligent, comfortable and practical, with light airy living spaces beyond what you would expect in a 34ft boat.
Spacious for the size of the boat - .. .
They agreed that the Hanse Group and Judel/Vrolijk Design team must have been listening carefully to existing customers and created a yacht that harmonised with their wishes.
Here are the key features that make the Hanse 345 well worth looking at for a boat of its size:
* Amazingly for such a boat, there are twin wheels giving you great access and visibility at the helm
* Because cruising sailors hope to spend lots of time at anchor, the huge bathing platform is a great plus
* If you really want three cabins it's possible, unusual for a 34ft boat.
* The seating in the cockpit area has been maximised, larger than previous Hanse's
* New 'light strips' below, and no less than five hatches
* As said before, all lines lead back to be accessubke to each of the helms
* The self-tacking headsail makes short-handed sailing also much easier
* There are even optional electric winches
Hanse 345 interior angles - .. .
For more information about this boat, go to the Hanse website?nid=103832
by Nancy Knudsen - 8:24 PM Thu 15 Nov 2012 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
If you want to send this story to a friend, please use link below
Based on your current download speed Sail-World has delivered large images (660 pixels long side.) If you would like to see only small images (300 pixels long side) click here . For medium sized images (500 pixels long side) click here . If you would prefer to see text only (without pictures) click here
Click for further information on