Sail-World.com : Musto Skiff World Championships - What a week!
Musto Skiff World Championships - What a week!
Musto Skiff World Championships 2012 were held in Dorset, UK at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA).
Well what a week... great racing, fantastic socials, wonderful hosts and many friends made throughout the fleet.
In a week which seemed to give everything here is a summary:
- 105 entries
- 11 nations represented
- Five social events including; Welcome buffet, hog roast, pasta party, Gala Dinner and curry night
- Royal visit from HRH Prince Charles
- Full range of wind and weather fog, rain, wind ranging from 0 - 35 knots
- Welcoming hosting from WPNSA
- helpful and supportive measurer and international jury
- Highly competent race management from David Campbell-James and his team
- Great support from title Sponsors ACO who joined us to watch the racing and stayed for the Gala Dinner with their special guest Sir John Armitt
- A vast range of prizes from event marine sponsor Harken and class sponsor Musto
- £1,647 raised for charity CRASH at the dinner auction hosted by double 49er medallist Simon Hiscocks
- Excellent fleet support from the wives and girlfriends who joined the party and were able to watch the racing on class president Keith Musto's yacht
- ... and a thrilling competitive single-fleet championships that was won by Bruce Keen
A great week for all involved with the event.
ACO Musto Skiff World Championships 2012 - Tania Samus
Musto Skiff website
by Rick Perkins
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
8:40 AM Thu 5 Jul 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.