Musto Skiff World Championships 2012 were held in Dorset, UK at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA).
Well what a week... great racing, fantastic socials, wonderful hosts and many friends made throughout the fleet.
In a week which seemed to give everything here is a summary:
- 105 entries
- 11 nations represented
- Five social events including; Welcome buffet, hog roast, pasta party, Gala Dinner and curry night
- Royal visit from HRH Prince Charles
- Full range of wind and weather fog, rain, wind ranging from 0 - 35 knots
- Welcoming hosting from WPNSA
- helpful and supportive measurer and international jury
- Highly competent race management from David Campbell-James and his team
- Great support from title Sponsors ACO who joined us to watch the racing and stayed for the Gala Dinner with their special guest Sir John Armitt
- A vast range of prizes from event marine sponsor Harken and class sponsor Musto
- £1,647 raised for charity CRASH at the dinner auction hosted by double 49er medallist Simon Hiscocks
- Excellent fleet support from the wives and girlfriends who joined the party and were able to watch the racing on class president Keith Musto's yacht
- ... and a thrilling competitive single-fleet championships that was won by Bruce Keen
A great week for all involved with the event.
ACO Musto Skiff World Championships 2012 - Tania Samus
Musto Skiff website
by Rick Perkins
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
8:40 AM Thu 5 Jul 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.