Sail-World.com : Newport Bermuda Race – Online entry open
Newport Bermuda Race – Online entry open
Newport Bermuda Race 2012, organized by the Cruising Club of America and the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, is being held from Friday June 15. The online entry process opens for business today. Applications for entry will be accepted until April 15 through the registration portal.
Entry information, including the recently-amended Notice of Race and supplementary information, is available through the Official Materials area of the event website.
Any captain who's planning to race but is not ready to file the application is asked to email Participation(@)BermudaRace.com as soon as possible so race planning can proceed.
A message from the flag officers of the Cruising Club of America and Royal Bermuda Yacht Club:
'It's time to line up your crew, to book your rooms and slip in Bermuda, and to enjoy the anticipation of another great Newport Bermuda Race. The reward for you and your crew is incomparable blue water sailing and the unparalleled sense of accomplishment that awaits a successful finish.
'This could be your year to win one of the many dazzling perpetual and keeper trophies - perhaps even a Lighthouse trophy.'
Are you a first-timer? If so, you're not alone. One out of four Bermuda Race captains is new to the race. A race Ambassador can advise you. Contact Participation(@)BermudaRace.com.
Newport Safety Seminar, March 16-17. Check out the new schedule, options, seminar attendance rule and also the discounted hotel rooms here.
Have a question? Read the FAQs on the website or contact Participation(@)BermudaRace.com.
Reserve your Bermuda hotel rooms and boat berths ASAP. A major Hamilton hotel is almost booked for Bermuda Race Week. The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club's Berth Reservation form is online and ready for download.
• January 16, 2012: Entry process opens on the website.
• March: Race program published, including the NOR, a list of emergency contacts during the race, Gulf Stream analysis, tips on safety and boat inspection, Bermuda Race history, and guides to Newport and Bermuda.
• March 17 and 18: Newport Bermuda Race Safety at Sea Seminar, Newport Hyatt Regency Hotel.
• April 15, 1700 hours: Application for entry deadline.
• May 15, 1700 hours: Entry deadline (with all supporting documents).
• June 1: Crew deadline and pre-inspection documentation deadline (including ratings).
• June 5: On-board inspection must be complete.
• June 10-13, 1700 hours: Check-in at Bermuda Race HQ, NYYC Sailing Center, Newport, RI.
• June 8-10: Onion Patch Series day races, New York YC Annual Regatta
• June 13, 1800-2000: Gosling Rum's Newport Shipyard Crew Party - Newport Bermuda Race® 2012
• June 14, 1700 hours: Captain's meeting.
• June 15: Bermuda Race starts at Newport. First warning at 1250.
• 18 hours after finishing: Bermuda check-in deadline.
• June 23: Prize Giving at Government House, Bermuda
Newport Bermuda Race website
by Newport Bermuda Race
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
11:23 AM Mon 16 Jan 2012 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.