The US Sailing Annual Meeting will this year take place in Annapolis, Maryland from the 27-29 October at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. US Sailing’s Annual Meeting has something for everyone.
These meetings are a unique opportunity for members to meet with the National Governing Body’s leadership and discuss relevant industry topics facing the sport, exchange ideas, reflect on progress, and look ahead to future plans.
Over 500 active volunteers comprise US Sailing’s councils and committees. Fifteen councils generate ideas to better serve our sport through their constituents and over 50 committees develop and execute national sailing programs. Meet these council and committee members and learn more about why and how these programs are implemented.
US Sailing has incorporated new features to this year's Annual Meeting. We are including a series of mini-seminars and independent panel research presentations on Saturday, Oct. 29 for all attendees to participate in.
Our registration numbers are really picking up so act fast. There is limited seating for Saturday's sessions. Here is a brief rundown of these mini-seminars and presentations:
- Preparation for Navigating an Offshore Race and Broadcast Technology for the America’s Cup 34 -Stan Honey
- Man Overboard Practices and Strategies - Chuck Hawley
- Race Management Secrets and Takeaways from America’s Cup 34 - John Craig
- World Championship Tips and Tactics that Everyone Can Use - Chris Larson
- Independent Panel Reports on the 2011 Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac, youth sailing 420 tragedy on Severn River, and the Rambler 100 incident - moderated by John Rousmaniere with panelists
Registration fee for the Saturday sessions is $45 and includes lunch, afternoon coffee and snack break and a full day of learning. Check the full schedule
. Here is some key information on other events at the Annual Meeting, travel and planning details and registration: Registration
: Registration deadline is Thursday, Oct. 20. Awards Dinner
: Friday, Oct. 28 from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Annapolis Yacht Club. Tickets must be purchased before Friday, Oct. 14.
The Annual Meeting Awards Dinner features US Sailing President Gary Jobson and a guest speaker on Friday, Oct. 28 (7-10 p.m.) at the Annapolis Yacht Club.
US Sailing website