The following Rule changes come into effect on 1st January 2012 (1st June 2012 for South certification year).
by RORC Rating Office
• Rule 9.6 is amended to clarify the position when a rating protest has been lodged.
• Rule 10.6 is amended to give the Rating Authority greater flexibility.
• Rule 21.5.3 is amended to remove the mainsail widths minima in the interests of greater equity for boats with in-mast furling mainsails.
• Rules 21.7.1 and 21.7.3 are amended to remove the headsail widths minima in the interests of greater equity for boats with overlapping headsails or a roller furling headsail.
• Rule 22.3.3 is amended to require boats with canting keels to have a physical lock at maximum keel cant angle.
• The definitions of h and y are amended without change in meaning to replace defective wording and to improve clarity.
• The definition of LP is amended to clarify which sails are included in the measurement of LP for cutter rigs.
• Typographic corrections without any changes in meaning have been made to Rules 9.6, 25.1, 26.1, and the definition of LH.
The full rule text will be posted on the IRC website by the end of October.
If you have any queries please contact info(at)rorcrating.com RORC Rating Office website IRC Rating website
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
10:49 AM Tue 18 Oct 2011 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.