The ASX Thomson Reuters Financial and Media Markets Regatta will be held on Friday 28th October 2011 out of Middle Harbour Yacht Club. The purpose of the event is to raise over $100,000 for Australian Based Children’s and Medical Research charities. This will be added to the $1 million we are targeting to raise from our annual charity golf day.
by Katya Tarnawski
Some charities we supported this year include Autism Spectrum, Shine for Kids, The Shepherd Centre, Sane, Heart Research Institute and many more.
We are seeking the donation of as many yachts – with a skipper and one crew as possible. Each of these yachts will be ‘sold’ to corporate sponsors for the day to raise funds for the charities. The corporate sponsors will help crew and race the yachts.
All members who assist in this way will be recognised and welcomed as sponsors of the event and will be provided with the following promotion:
1. Formal recognition for support on the Regatta Web site and all printed literature for the event
2. Event Merchandise including Polo Shirt, Sailing Cap etc will be provide to all skippers and crew
3. A lunch box and water will be provided for all skippers and Crew
4. Invitation to the after party BBQ which includes complimentary wine and beer, a beach band, dancing, prize giving, auction and raffle.
5. A ‘thankyou’ bottle of wine will be given to each owner who donates a yacht.
6. All skippers will be invited to our 2012 sponsors lunch in March.
We have already secured a good number of corporate sponsors who will need a yacht, so we need to start making arrangements now.
In the first instance please fill out the yacht donation form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to take part in the regatta please fill out the Regatta entry form
ASX Reuters Regatta website
ASX Reuters Charity Regatta 2011 -
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
8:04 AM Thu 28 Jul 2011 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.