The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) announced today entries are being accepted for the 2011 International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) Innovation Awards, one of the marine industry’s most prestigious honors. The Awards presentation takes place during the show’s annual Industry Breakfast on Monday, October 17 from 7:30-9:30am.
IBEX Innovation Awards are judged by Boating Writers International (BWI) in recognition of exceptionally innovative new marine equipment and processes in the OEM and aftermarket sector, and will be on display throughout IBEX October 17 to 19, 2011 in Louisville, KY at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
NMMA and BWI will recognize up to 13 new products, plus one Environmental Award, at IBEX 2011. Exhibiting companies may submit products for consideration in the following categories:
* Boatbuilding Methods & Materials (techniques and equipment to build boats)
* Deck Equipment and Hardware (rigging, rope, docking and anchoring equipment, boat covers, canvas work, mooring gear, steering mechanisms and wheels, exterior and underwater lighting, etc.)
* Furnishings & Interior Parts (appliances, furniture, lighting, textiles, interior systems, galley)
* Mechanical Systems (air conditioning, heating, plumbing, ventilation, pumps, tanks and fuel systems, etc.)
* Electrical Systems (AC/DC onboard and shore power systems, batteries, control apparatus, battery management tools, etc.)
* Inboard Engines (sterndrives, jet drives, diesel and gas inboard engines, struts and shafts, inboard engine equipment)
* Outboard Engines (outboard engines and electrical systems, trolling motors and props for outboards)
* Boatyard Hardware (yard installed boat lifts, cranes, docks, marina equipment and software -management programs, inventory and job flow software, etc.)
* Propulsion Parts, Propellers (engine equipment and gauges, trim tabs, engine maintenance)
* Boat Care and Maintenance (coatings, chemicals, paints, finishes, additives, oils and tools)
* OEM Electronics (entertainment, navigational, onboard systems, instrumentation, sonar, software, etc.)
* Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories
* Safety Equipment
The submission deadline for Innovation Award entries is September 20. The application form can be downloaded at IBEXShow.com. Contact Melissa Gurniewicz at (312) 946-6281 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
IBEX 2011 will host more than 500 OEM and aftermarket exhibitors and feature several specialty pavilions, the industry’s most expansive seminar series, pre-conference sessions, free exhibitor workshops, and special events, plus live outdoor demonstrations by industry professionals utilizing the newest products in real-world application situations that will change the way boating business gets done.
Register today for the 21st annual IBEX show, taking place at the Kentucky Exposition Center Monday, October 17 to 19.
Get ‘Social’ – join the IBEX conversation on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Visit IBEXShow.com for more details