Sail-World.com : IBEX 2011 announces Innovation Awards call for entries
IBEX 2011 announces Innovation Awards call for entries
The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) announced today entries are being accepted for the 2011 International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) Innovation Awards, one of the marine industry’s most prestigious honors. The Awards presentation takes place during the show’s annual Industry Breakfast on Monday, October 17 from 7:30-9:30am.
IBEX Innovation Awards are judged by Boating Writers International (BWI) in recognition of exceptionally innovative new marine equipment and processes in the OEM and aftermarket sector, and will be on display throughout IBEX October 17 to 19, 2011 in Louisville, KY at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
NMMA and BWI will recognize up to 13 new products, plus one Environmental Award, at IBEX 2011. Exhibiting companies may submit products for consideration in the following categories:
* Boatbuilding Methods & Materials (techniques and equipment to build boats)
* Deck Equipment and Hardware (rigging, rope, docking and anchoring equipment, boat covers, canvas work, mooring gear, steering mechanisms and wheels, exterior and underwater lighting, etc.)
* Furnishings & Interior Parts (appliances, furniture, lighting, textiles, interior systems, galley)
* Mechanical Systems (air conditioning, heating, plumbing, ventilation, pumps, tanks and fuel systems, etc.)
* Electrical Systems (AC/DC onboard and shore power systems, batteries, control apparatus, battery management tools, etc.)
* Inboard Engines (sterndrives, jet drives, diesel and gas inboard engines, struts and shafts, inboard engine equipment)
* Outboard Engines (outboard engines and electrical systems, trolling motors and props for outboards)
* Boatyard Hardware (yard installed boat lifts, cranes, docks, marina equipment and software -management programs, inventory and job flow software, etc.)
* Propulsion Parts, Propellers (engine equipment and gauges, trim tabs, engine maintenance)
* Boat Care and Maintenance (coatings, chemicals, paints, finishes, additives, oils and tools)
* OEM Electronics (entertainment, navigational, onboard systems, instrumentation, sonar, software, etc.)
* Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories
* Safety Equipment
The submission deadline for Innovation Award entries is September 20. The application form can be downloaded at IBEXShow.com. Contact Melissa Gurniewicz at (312) 946-6281 or email@example.com for more information.
IBEX 2011 will host more than 500 OEM and aftermarket exhibitors and feature several specialty pavilions, the industry’s most expansive seminar series, pre-conference sessions, free exhibitor workshops, and special events, plus live outdoor demonstrations by industry professionals utilizing the newest products in real-world application situations that will change the way boating business gets done.
Register today for the 21st annual IBEX show, taking place at the Kentucky Exposition Center Monday, October 17 to 19.
Get ‘Social’ – join the IBEX conversation on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Visit IBEXShow.com for more details
by IBEX Sarah Ryser
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
8:34 PM Wed 29 Jun 2011 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.