NSW Maritime advises boaters that parts of Sydney Harbour will be inaccessible for the duration of a swimming event on Sunday, 13 March.
NSW Maritime General Manager Maritime Operations Howard Glenn said an exclusive use permit had been granted to the organisers of the Sydney Harbour Swim Classic on Sunday, 13 March.
'This means that the Man o’ War Steps and the area inside Farm Cove from 7am to 12.30pm, and between Fort Denison and Bennelong Point from 8.50am to 9am will be off limits to normal boating,' Mr Glenn said.
'For the safety of swimmers, no vessels will be allowed to enter the exclusive use area, which will be clearly marked with buoys and monitored by control vessels.
Three NSW Maritime Boating Safety Officers (BSO) will be on hand for the event and provide water traffic control.
Approximately 1100 swimmers will compete in either a 1km or a 2km swim, with staggered starts.
Licensed open water lifeguards, a rescue dive team, a paramedic and an emergency controller will join NSW Maritime BSO to ensure the safe operation of the event.