The Philippine Superyacht Association held its Official Launch last weekend at the Lighthouse Resort Subic Bay. The function was in conjunction with the Subic Boracay Race and was well supported with guests from around the Philippines and the region enjoying the camaraderie and business networking within the boating and maritime community.
The last ten years has seen the creation of several superyacht associations and yacht construction, refit and support companies in the region - Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
The Philippine Superyacht Association is working very closely with these organisations to attract the superyacht sector to Asia - The Third Destination.
The objectives of the association are:
* To form a single organization to represent the joint interests of the Philippine superyacht construction, refit, repair and ancillary services industry.
* To represent the Philippine superyacht industry at, and be affiliated with, national organizations that support and promote the Philippine maritime industry.
* To work with relevant Nation, Provincial and Local Government regulatory and other agencies to address any concerns affecting the operation, growth and development of the industry in the Philippines.
* To promote the interests of the superyacht Industry within the Philippines and overseas
* To encourage superyachts to visit Philippine ports and utilize member services and facilities
* To promote the Philippines as a tourism destination for superyachts