The World Yacht Racing Forum (WYRF) is taking place in Gothenburg, Sweden, during 10th and 11th December 2013. Now in its sixth year it is supported by Brandspot and includes new, exciting features and a world class speaker line-up.
What will be discussed?
• The Sport of Sailing Changes Year Upon Year, What Works and What Doesn’t?
• What Can Sailing Learn From Other Sports?
• How Do New Events Best Generate Interest and Can Existing Events Learn From These Developments?
• What Do Sponsors Look For in Sports Sponsorship?
• How does a class/event best balance the demands of design, commercial and technical pressures?
• How are other sports using digital media and new technologies to promote their industries?
• How Can Sailing Become More Sustainable Whilst Increasing Commercial Viability?
• How can you best engage with non sailing audiences?
• What Were The Learnings Of the 34th America’s Cup and How Should the 35th America’s Cup Develop?
No sales pitches will be made! It’s about healthy discussion and debate.
Who is speaking?
• Knut Frostad, CEO, Volvo Ocean Race
• Carlo Croce, President, ISAF
• Luc Talbourdet, President, IMOCA
• Mark Turner, Executive Chairman, OC Sport – Extreme Sailing Series
• James Pleasance, Executive Director, Alpari World Match Racing Tour
• François Gabart, Winner of the Vendée Globe
• Orhan Gorbon, CEO, The Bosphorus Cup
• Susie Tomson, Consultant, Earth2Ocean
• Anne-Cécile Turner, Director, Race for Water Foundation
• Juan Kouyoumdjian, Designer
• Ken Read, President, North Sails Group
• Joe Hall, CEO, Activatevents Ltd
• Peter Bayer, Managing Director, Open Sports Management, Former CEO Innsbruck Youth Olympic Games
For the full speaker line-up, visit the WYRF website.
by Sally Corander
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
12:22 PM Tue 19 Nov 2013GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.