Sunday, September 2, 2012 started the fourth and final day of the Knickerbocker Cup held at the Manhasset Bay Yacht Club (MBYC) in Port Washington, NY.
The final day's drama started with William Tiller (New Zealand) knocking out Sally Barkow (USA) in a light air battle to win the semi-final.
In light air conditions, after waiting for wind for several hours with the 3:30PM deadline looming and in a now building southerly breeze, William Tiller (Full Metal Jacket Racing) led Nicolai Sehested from Denmark (Tre-For Match Racing) to win the cup.
1. Will Tiller and Full Metal Jacket Racing
2. Nicolai Sehested and TRE-FOR Match Racing
3. Sally Barkow and Team Sperry
4. David Gilmour and Team Gilmour
5. Peter Wickwire and Wickwire Match Racing
6. Jordan Reece and Estate Master Sailing Team
7. Taylor Canfield and Canfield Racing
8. Peter Nicholas and Freshie Racing Team
9. Vladimir Lipavsky and Moscow Match Race Team
10. Jon Singsen and USMMA Kings Point/NYYC
Full results available on MBYC website
by Andrea Watson/Sail-World.com
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
11:54 PM Mon 3 Sep 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.