Sail-World.com : ISAF seeks Competitions Manager for UK office
ISAF seeks Competitions Manager for UK office
The International Sailing Federation (ISAF) is pleased to announce that the Competitions Department is seeking a new Competitions Manager to work at the ISAF UK office in Southampton.
This exciting opportunity to join the World Governing Body for the sport of sailing has been created following the internal appointment of a new ISAF Sailing World Cup Manager. The successful candidate will work within the Competitions Department to develop and manage the ISAF Race Officials Programme; Regional Games; and Match Racing and Team Racing Events.
For information on the relevant ISAF Events and ISAF Race Officials visit the ISAF Website.
Applicants are asked to provide a covering letter stating the reasons that they would be suitable for the job and how they can help develop the ISAF Race Officials programme and ISAF events. A Curriculum Vitae (CV) showing a full employment and formal education history as well as sports related qualifications that can add value to the role as outlined in the description provided on the ISAF website should be attached to the covering letter.
The deadline for applications is Friday 21 September 2012 with candidates asked to come for a formal interview in October.
If you think you have what it takes or know of someone that may fit the profile then please pass on this information and ask them to contact ISAF via the address provided on the Job Description.
Job Title: ISAF Competitions Manager
Accountable To: Head of Competitions Department
Job Purpose: Develop and manage the ISAF Race Officials programme, Regional Games, Match Racing and Team Racing events and support the work of the Competitions Department.
Application Deadline: 21 September 2012
Interviews: October 2012
Role Commencement: As soon as possible.
Salary: To be confirmed.
Contact Email for CV and Cover Letter: firstname.lastname@example.org - If postal address / fax number required please see bottom of page for full contact details.
Accountabilities: Specific Roles for ISAF Competitions Manager
- Support the work and development of ISAF Race Officials, including Race Officers, Judges, Umpires and Measurers
- Promote and develop ISAF Race Official policies and guidelines at international events including the ISAF Sailing World Cup, ISAF Sailing World Championships and the Olympic Games.
- Develop relationships with Regional Games event organisers and promote ISAF polices and guidelines.
- Act as the ISAF Technical Delegate for the ISAF Women’s Match Racing World
Championships, ISAF Team Racing World Championships and the ISAF Nations Cup.
- Work with a range of ISAF Committees including the ISAF Race Officials Committee and the ISAF Regional Games Committee.
Other Competition Department Roles: Support the work of the ISAF Competitions Department and any other ISAF Committees or Commissions.
- Experience of event management at international sailing events.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed knowledge of event management, ISAF rules and regulations.
- Available to spend periods of time at events and meetings around the world.
- Sound judgement and common sense in high pressure situations.
- Ability to manage both professionals and volunteers to achieve success.
- Capacity to interact with people from different countries and cultures.
- High level of personal presentation, preparation and organisation.
Desired: Ability to speak another language (French / Spanish) in addition to English
International Sailing Federation
Hampshire SO14 2AQ
Tel +44 (0)23 80 635111
Fax +44 (0)23 80 635789
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
7:25 PM Thu 23 Aug 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.