The world’s largest and best known name in EPIRB technologies, ACR Electronics, today has announced ResQMate G™, a new manual activation only 406 MHz EPIRB with onboard GPS designed for sale in Australia and New Zealand.
The ResQMate G™ will make its debut next week at The Sydney International Boat Show, and can be seen in Hall 1, Stand 168-169 and other select dealers.
Meeting the demand for mandatory applications in Australia (see local Marine Authorities Requirements), the ResQMate G™ has a MSRP of $466 AUD, and following Cospas-Sarsat approvals is anticipated for delivery at the end of August. ACR representative for The Sydney International Boat Show is Steve Mullin, email@example.com or mobile at +61 (0) 400540511.
With three levels of integrated signal technology— GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal, and 121.5 MHz homing capability—The ResQMate G™ quickly and accurately relays critical emergency position to the Cospas-Sarsat International worldwide network of rescue satellites.
The ResQMate G™ broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where the sender is, but who they are. The onboard 66-channel GPS can quickly fix the sender’s position to within 100 meters and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay the distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to the sender’s exact position.
In Australia the Australian Maritime Safety Authority in Canberra receives distress calls and these calls are then relayed to appropriate search and rescue groups.
ResQMate G™ 406 MHz EPIRB features include:
- 66-channel onboard GPS to pinpoint sender’s exact position.
- Transmission of a distress message 100 seconds after activation.
- Patented electronics provide greater frequency stability for most accurate position through the Cospas-Sarsat satellites.
- Provides a full functional self test of internal circuitry, and battery voltage test.
- Manual release bracket included.
- Audio/visual indicators of active transmission.
- Floats upright.
- High intensity LED strobe is 33 percent brighter than traditional EPIRB strobes.
- High impact polycarbonate case with non-tangling lanyard.
- Battery replacement due no later than 6 years from date of manufacture but 5 years from date of installation.
- 5-year limited warranty
- Exceeds required 48-hour operating life by over 13 hours @ -4 F (-20 C), non-Hazmat (Lithium Battery).
- Weight is 575 grams.
ACR designs and manufactures a complete line of safety and survival products under the ARTEX and ACR brand names including ELTs, EPIRBs, PLBs, AIS, SART, Strobe Lights, Life Jacket Lights, Search Lights and safety accessories. The quality management systems of this facility have been certified by TUV USA to AS9100C / ISO 9001:2008. Recognized as the world leader in safety and survival technologies, ACR and ARTEX have provided safety equipment to the aviation and marine industries as well as to the military since 1956. The company is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and employs over 180 at its manufacturing facility.
by John Bell
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
6:37 PM Tue 24 Jul 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.