FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Low water at some clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Wrighty View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low water at some clubs
    Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 7:51pm

Well it looks like we might get low water at a lot of clubs, this with the new problem of weed at clubs caused by the change of the water treatment, will cause a lot of problems.

We have a chance to get the sailors from these clubs to get together and sail in a good fleet of like boats, I have posted on the Draycote site to see if they will give a discount to club members with no water for temporary membership, they have got a great Solo, fireball, 300 fleet and other also a new W/L fleet starting to grow.

If your club has no water and you have to move it would be good if you all get together and sail at the same club with good fleet racing, no water could result in some good fleet racing.

If we have a good summer with no water at any reservoir we could all meet at stokes bay, a long drive but good fun if they get it right, good parking at Stoke Bay?

I  hope Draycote might take off as a good W/L place to sail over the winter.

Chris

Edited by Wrighty
Wrighty
radixon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 8:30pm
Sorry where at the moment is the water level getting low?

I am sure around here Thames water will have a need for
water resulting in low levels.
Wrighty View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 8:56pm

My post is a bit early, but the levels are going down and the weed issue with the good weather and sunshine and the new low levels of chemicals used to control the weed will mean poor sailing later on in the year at some clubs. If things get worse with low water it would be good to make a plan and talk at opens now so we can sail and travel to the same clubs. If we get lots of rain in late July and August then we can sail at our own clubs but it looks like a good summer at the moment.

st**ter.co.uk follow Homepage > Environment > Reservoir levels  june now out of date ogston 64.6 %.

water

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/corp/hs.xsl/3783.h tm

Chris

Edited by Wrighty
Wrighty
Mikey 14778 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikey 14778 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 9:19pm
Haha, the naughty word filter doesn't like Severn Trent's website URL, I reckon it's got the right idea too. They
are a bloody useless organisation when it comes to looking after reservoirs, sailing clubs, water etc.

No weed at Draycote, and no chemicals ever used to control them either (to my knowledge). We get a bit at the
height of the summer if there's a drought.
Sailing4Life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sailing4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 10:20pm
We get low water at our club.

Comes 2 times a day roughly 6 hours apart, maybe we could
come join you when its low.....   
Rs600 + many others
ham4sand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ham4sand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 10:26pm
draycote is ridiculously clear lately, more so than i have
ever seen on a reservoir
u can see the top of ur mast when turtled!!!!
John Hamilton
cherub 2645 - cheese before bedtime
cherub 3209 - anatidaephobia
laser 176847 - kiss this
Wrighty View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 10 at 5:01am
 I did the same test on Sunday at Draycote, I can now see why metweb puts the wind at 9mph  gusting 25 mph, it was the 60 deg wind shift that got me and the 49er behind, great crew, jumped into the water to save the helm, respect
Wrighty
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 10 at 7:06am
Just found this on the Cambridge Water site (who have no reservoirs- all aquifers, mainly chalk)

As the water is filtered through chalk it also picks up particles of calcium carbonate, which in turn give it a crisp, pleasant and fresh taste.
-_
Al
paulburton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote paulburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 10 at 7:46am
Rutland is slowly going down, but no weed growth.
RS Vareo
Cherub
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 10 at 9:29am
Burghfield is pretty full - but I think the weed boat is
going to have its work cut out trying to keep on top of the
growth if this sun and warmth keep up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>