FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Race Committee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Race Committee
    Posted: 16 Nov 15 at 3:35pm
Well my reign as commodore has entered it's final term and I'm trying to lay the ground for better racing for the future at Hythe. I have managed to get the formation of a race committee through the AGM, we have now a year under our belt of data submitted to the RYA and the recommendations are now there for us to act on, not that we'll likely be racing Contenders off the 956 it recommends, so my questions are.

1)How many of you are at clubs that do have a race committee separate from the managing committee.
2)How many folk do you have on said committee?
3)With the remit to fix your own yardsticks do you go exactly with what the computer spits out, or do you take an arbitrary view.?
4)How often do they meet?

Thanks
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 15 at 7:06am
Originally posted by iGRF

Well my reign as commodore has entered it's final term and I'm trying to lay the ground for better racing for the future at Hythe. I have managed to get the formation of a race committee through the AGM, we have now a year under our belt of data submitted to the RYA and the recommendations are now there for us to act on, not that we'll likely be racing Contenders off the 956 it recommends, so my questions are.

1)How many of you are at clubs that do have a race committee separate from the managing committee.
2)How many folk do you have on said committee?
3)With the remit to fix your own yardsticks do you go exactly with what the computer spits out, or do you take an arbitrary view.?
4)How often do they meet?

Thanks

I would have thought most club would have a 'Main Committee' responsible for running the club (membership, galley, H+S, Duties, etc..) and then a separate committee purely for dealing with sailing/racing matters. 

This is the set up at Hunts and it works pretty well. the Sailing Committee should meet once a month, even if it is only a quick get together after sailing to discuss matters arising, upcoming open meetings or an PY rumbles.

The committee make up consists of:

Sailing Secretary
Fleet Captains
Youth Rep
+Other members co-opted as required
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
Buzz View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 15 at 2:01pm
We have a sailing committee as well. The committee make up is identical to the one above.
 Post Reply Post Reply