The first day of the Sunburst 2012 Nationals has been dominated by Wellington sailmaker Brett Linton, sailing with daughter Alice, who won the three races convincingly.
Brett & Alice Linton sailing 'Rhythm & Swing' powering away under kite. - Sunburst Nationals 2012 : Day 1 - Nigel Price Click Here to view large photo
Sailing conditions have been good with a gusty southwesterly wind up to about 20 knots in the Rangitoto Channel race area off Narrow Neck beach in Auckland. There are 29 boats entered in the regatta run from the Wakatere Boating Club, which continues on Sunday and Monday over a seven race series.
Top boats after 3 races :
1. Rhythm & Swing - Brett & Alice Linton - Worser Bay - 1 , 1, 1
2. Equinaut - James Corbett & Harrison Switzer- Corbett - Wakatere - 3, 3, 3
3. Santa Maria - Andy Walker & Elizabeth Pitko - Wakatere - 2, 8, 2
4. Seabird - Nathan & William Long - Wakatere - 6, 2, 4
5. Just Magic - Alistair Campbell & George Willcock - Worser Bay - 7, 4, 9
6. Kick Ass - Matt & Finn Buckeridge - Wakatere - 9, 7, 6
7. Bad News - Amanda Hargreaves & Amanda Young - Worser Bay 4, 5, 17
Andy Walker & Elizabeth Pitko sailing 'Santa Maria' getting ready to hoist as they approach the top mark in race 1. - Sunburst Nationals 2012 : Day 1 - Nigel Price Click Here to view large photo