From Saturday until Tuesday, the light weather venue of Fushan Bay, Qingdao there has been enough wind for racing. But now conditions have softened.
Postponement flags at the Beijing Olympic sailing venue in Qingdao this morning. There was early morning light rain and a mist which reduced visibility to just a few hundred metres.
Until 12 noon there was not even enough wind to ruffle the flags along the Harbour sea-wall.
Now there are some gentle zephyrs, the flags are gently flapping and race committee were hoping for some more breezes in the next hours.
Yesterday, Wednesday, four classes Laser, Laser Radial, Finn and Yngling were not able to hold their planned second race of the day.
Those races had been rescheduled for today, when the RX: S windsurfers and 49er we already scheduled.
‘Today’s weather is not so good,’ said Qu Chun, Sailing event manager ‘If the wind picks up, we will immediately try to start races.’
At 1530 local time, the signal flags were posted and racing for the day was officially abandonned for Finns and Ynglings. Still waiting down for news on the other fleets.