After waiting in vain for more than two hours, the Louis Vuitton Cup Race Committee sent the fleet back to shore without racing after the wind once again failed to reach suitable levels for racing.
by BMW Oracle Racing Media
The schedule for tomorrow remains the same as today. BMW ORACLE Racing will meet the Swedish Victory Challenge team and the Italian Luna Rossa Challenge team – weather permitting.
Ross Halcrow, genoa trimmer, quotes: 'The weather outlook for tomorrow does not look too promising. We give it a 50-50 chance of getting one flight of matches away. But it does look as if the weather will start to improve after that.
'I have sailed in a lot of regattas around the world, but I have never lost so many days before. Usually, however, you are doing regattas in season. At the moment in Valencia, we are still out of season.
'We made good use of our time today. We tested three new asymmetrical spinnakers and also did some upwind sailing, so we got some good work achieved, despite the conditions.'
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
6:38 PM Mon 23 Apr 2007 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Click for further information on
MORE STORIES ...
2013 America's Cup
Related News Stories: