Sail-World.com : America's Cup: Breaking Down The Red Bull Youth Americas Cup
America's Cup: Breaking Down The Red Bull Youth Americas Cup
Until now, the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup has been a bit of a murky matter. The concept was set down but the details were not yet cast in stone and it was not until a meeting with ACRM management Iain Murray, Andy Hindley, Melanie Roberts, Hannah Davis, John Craig, Mike Martin and Red Bull Extreme Sailing Chiefs, Roman Hagara, Hans Peter Steinacher in the second week of October to resolve some of the pertinent matters at hand.
When all was settled following was established:
• September 20, 2012: Entry Application Closed
• October-November 2012: Red Bull (Roman Hagara & Hans Peter Steinacher) in conjunction with Iain Murray, Regatta Director to select teams to invite to the Independent Entry Selection Series
• December 1, 2012: Successful teams receive invitation to Independent Entry Selection Series
• February 9-24, 2013: Independent Entry Selection Series, Location: San Francisco
• Boats: Four AC45s - exactly as used in the America’s Cup World Series
• Up to 16 teams will take part in the Selection Series
- Roman Hagara & Hans Peter Steinacher in conjunction with Iain Murray, Regatta Director will be responsible for selecting teams to participate
• At least 4 teams, possibly up to 7 will proceed through the selection to the Red Bull Youth America's Cup
• Every team making it to the trials will sail and race an AC45
• Experienced AC45 sailors will be available to teach the teams about the boat and give them first hand advice on how to get the best out of the boat
For the rest of this story click here
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
9:52 PM Fri 26 Oct 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Click for further information on
MORE STORIES ...
2013 America's Cup
Related News Stories:
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.