Juniorsail, the fun camp especially for kids, will be held on the 3rd and 4th September 2011 at Mounts Bay Sailing Club.
Juniorsail is a special two day, one night residential development camp (sleep-over) for all junior sailors. The annual Yachting WA development camp has been conducted for over 25 years and caters for all young sailors of varying capability in a variety of classes including but not limited to: Mudlark, Manly Junior, Flying Ant, Minnow and Pelicans. Due to numbers Optimist have their own camp.
The aim is to have fun (and lots of it !!) Benefits:
• develop the skills of younger sailors through instruction and guidance from qualified Yachting WA instructors in a secure and fun environment
• encourage and integrate young sailors to meet, socialise and develop their sailing skills with peers away from the comfort zone of their own club and family surroundings
• to familiarise the young sailors with their boat
• to understand their own competency encouraging greater independence and self sufficiency leading to increased confidence and an enhanced enjoyment of the sport.
• finally, to provide the challenge to exercise their enhanced skills.
• broaden their exposure to other classes of boats. Sailors must be able to:
• provide and rig their own boat
• confidently leave the shore and sail around a small course (speed/style is not
a criteria) under supervision but not direction.
• swim 50m
• participate without parental reliance and presence
• be confident to sleep away from home at night
For further information or to enroll your young sailor, please contact Yachting WA Office on 9386 2438. Yachting WA website