Clash at the Cove organizer, Paul Shanahan has advised that due to a rather testing weather system which is forecast to bring strong winds and heavy rain from a northerly quarter this weekend, racing at the event has been put on hold. Paul said that a number of skippers were reluctant to make the voyage north from Auckland in what would potentially be gear damaging conditions.
by Marsden Cove Media
A number of cruising yachts in the planned feeder race may still make it and will be warmly received at Marsden Cove. Weather on Sunday is forecast to moderate and may allow to an impromptu event.
The NZOPA power boat race will run to schedule as it is held on an inner harbour course. The Northland Boat Show will also run as planned. Sadly, the sailing fleet may not be as well represented as planned. Planning for the 2012 event will begin immediately as the format promoted by Marsden Cove has received popular acclaim.
If you would like to know more or wish to consider participating next year, Contact Paul Shanahan firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
11:21 PM Wed 23 Mar 2011 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
MORE STORIES ...
Related News Stories: